« Home | The next level - long post » | Honesty » | Wedding Belles » | Uniform thoughts » | Trigger happy » | Weigh in - 18 » | Party cha cha cha. Party cha cha cha » | Blessed » | I went shopping :) » | Handy Dandy Notebook »

Weigh in - 19

Firstly I would like to say a huge Thank You to everyone who comments on my blog. I love to get the raw and sincere feedback and after yesterdays post I am overwhelmed by your support and comments. I truely appreciate it and as it is the first time today I have sat at the PC, to get it all at once is incredible.

The scales this morning posted a gain of 100gms which I am thankful for as I have still lost over 15kgs. What I am more thankful for is that I was able to stand on the scales. You see, in the wee hours of this morning, 2.20am to be exact, I was in the lounge giving DS2 a little feed. We normally don't feed him at this time but as he has a little cold and was very unsettled I decided a really good way for all of us to get some sleep was to feed him. I was very uncomfortable sitting in the lounge with the niggle really a dull pain. Then I tried to stand up. And failed. And had to scream out to DH to come and get DS2 before I dropped him. Something had given way. I have NEVER felt pain like that before. I screamed all the way back to bed. I alternated between screaming and crying for the next 1 1/2 hours before the wonderful Doctor came and stuck a needle full of pethadine in my butt. Aaaaaaaaah. The relief lasted long enough to get a couple of hours sleep. DH stayed home today and I have had a treatment with has ruled out that it is my back that caused it, but a twist in my pelvis which had pinched the sciatica nerve. I am so happy. I would be happier if the pain would go completely away but the Panadine Forte helps and another treatment tomorrow should see the healing continue.

So. My first hurdle. I am so glad I posted yesterday because today I really do believe that back pain does not equal fat. I have eaten well and have soup and toast planned for dinner. Something easy that DH can heat up and make for me. First hurdle overcome. I am not able to sit at the PC for long so will be back for a while tonight, and during the day tomorrow to catch up on blog reading.

And even though not much, I have exercised today. I have special knee lifts to do to help stabilise my pelvis. They are not pretty but IT IS exercise ;)

Points FTD: 18.5
Sugar Points: 0
Points Left FTW: 135.5
Exercise: Special knee lifts for my pelvis.
TIAGF: My children sleeping though Mummy's little 'episode' :)

Wow, your injury is more like mine than I thought! Except I wasn't feeding when the searing pain kicked in - I was shaking out a tiny little footrug. Prentended on the ACC form that it was a big heavy carpet!!!!

Apparantly the original injury was from a year before when I had fallen snowboarding, but it took all that time for me to trigger it off.

Am pleased you're in the right head-space, and have made some good plans for dinner etc tonight.

Take it easy!

Poor you!! That sounds hideous!! I had sciatic nerve pain during the last 6 months of my pregnancy and some days I couldn't roll over in bed without crying out. Yucky!! I really sympathise - and I agree - it really is a good thing to be able to stand on the scales - even if they show a tinsy gain. Hope you keep feeling better! And make sure you rest!

Oh you poor thing. I do hope you are better soon. Please take care and look after yourself!

ohh sweetie, take care... im sending ~~ nice healing vibes your way ~~ so you can feel better soon.

oh my goodness! u poor thing - that sounds awful. I'm glad to hear u r feeling much better now! Thank god for doctors!

Oh you poor thing. Sciatic pain is dreadful. Keep your chin up and your spirits up as well. You have such a positive attitude and I hope it continues to help you through this time. Must be hard with young children. Hope tonight sees you getting some decent sleep and you feel a lot better tomorrow after the next treatment.

Re the back pain, I went to an osteo earlier this year because my pain had gotten so bad dh had to help me out of bed. And the osteo was fantastic.

Your last post is inspiring, as is your fabulous success to date on this journey.

Weights are definitely a great way to kick a plateau and also feeling strong is such a mental kick. I miss my pump now when I don't go!

BBBBIIIIGGGG HUGS my friend!

I don't know what to say so I will only say OUCH!

Thinking of you.

Chubbymum

oh that sounds horrendous! :(

WTG on overcoming the hurdle and still getting some exercise in! Amazing!

You've heard it all before but 100g is nothing and should be the least of your concerns right now. I love your honesty and sincerity in all your posts and comments. I think you not only help yourself but others. I just wish I could wave a magic wand and take away all your pain as well but thank the gods for Panadeine Forte! Lots of healing love to you hon and I hope you recover in good time. Well done for being good to yourself too whilst it would be much easier to give up. Keep it up!! {{{HUGS}}}

Bugger! That pain sounds awful, thankfully there are drugs that ease it. Exercise really isn't that important now, just get better. You could always read a good book - exercise the brain.

Poor you. Look after yourself, hope you're all fixed up and better than ever really soon.

I did a similar thing years ago and ouch is right!! You poor thing! Take care and I'm sure it will soon come right. 100 grams is nothing and will soon be gone! Just look after yourself!

ouch, thats gotta hurt,
thankgoodness for the drugs though.
good luck on the road to recovery.
and remeber 100grams is nothing you will be rid of that in no time and a lot more
fiona

Owwie!! Sorry to hear about your back pain. Actually, back pain doesn't sound so bad. Pinched nerve. Now THAT sounds bad. Hope it sorts it self out soon.

I find that causing equal pain in another part of the body can help distract you. Perhaps shoving scissors on your eyes might help ...

(ducks as M whacks Danny over the head with a cast iron fry pan)

Oh no - so sorry to hear how much pain you have been in M - hope that by the time you get this you are feeling much better. Thank goodness for hubbies who can help around the house with whatever you need done !!!!
Take care and look after yourself - before you know it that 0.1 will be off PLUS more ! You are right - you have ALREADY lost 15kgs and how good is that ????? You rock girl !!
Me

A pinched nerve..you poor thing, I have had something simular and it is not nice at all!!
Have a nice rest and take it easy:)

Owwwch!
Hope you are feeling better soon....and what everyone else said :)

take care of your self!

OWWW! I've had sciatica in the past and it ain't pretty ... I spent half of the time in tears. It's a horrible, horrible pain. Big hug!
Rest up, watch some dodgy television and I hope you recover soon!
xo Sarah
P.S . Thanks for your messages this morning!

OOOHHHH!! Keep doing those exercises and things should get back to normal in no time.

I had to laugh at Danny's comment. He is definately a funny man!!

TGF pethadine!! It's an instant pain relief.

Take it easy and you are very lucky to have such a wonderful husband to take care of you. XX

OMG that is awful, sciatic nerve injury is something I live in fear off as it is common in runners.

I hope your getting more and more relief and that it will be a 100% better very soon

Sorry to hear about your back, I hope it gets better soon, plus I reiterate what everyone else said (should have logged on earlier and said it for myself! haha) except for the scissors thing!!
Bri

Wow Mary, your journey has been amazing. I am sorry to hear about your back trouble. I had a little trouble (nothing to your degree) with some scary moments! After years of going to the chiro I ended up changing and seeing an osteopath and that changed my life - Back pain - negative! I love your honesty and your strength, even on not so happy days you manage to keep focused on your journey and I admire that! Thoughts are with you and keep up the panadine forte!

Poor thing. I remember the first time I had that pain - I was pregnant with first child and when my husband carried me into the hospital they thought I was in labour. I have pinched the nerve on and off since then and it is still one of the worst pains that I have ever experience and I am now very mindful of the warning niggle. Look after yourself and dont try to do too much. Oh and be careful with the side effects of the panadene forte.
Julie

Take it easy Margaret.....wishing you well.lb

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??