« Home | Trigger happy » | Weigh in - 18 » | Party cha cha cha. Party cha cha cha » | Blessed » | I went shopping :) » | Handy Dandy Notebook » | Sliver of hope » | Run like the wind » | Weigh in - 17 » | Catch Up »

Uniform thoughts

I feel that I am a very fortunate person in that I work for a company where I get to wear a uniform. Some people dislike wearing uniforms feeling that it represses their style and their right to choose what to wear, but for me it is so easy. I have a pile of clothes I wear to work and a pile of clothes I wear the rest of the time. I get up in the morning and I don't have to think too hard about what I am going to wear. It saves me a fortune on buying clothes as the non-work clothes are worn a lot less than if I had to wear them to work.

So how excited am I that we have had an announcement that there is to be a new uniform. According to our information the new uniform will be released in December and will happen in stages over the following 2 months. How perfect is that. The wonderful uniform I am wearing now has done me such a service but it is too big and I was starting to consider how to get another uniform approved. Now I don't have to worry. So this then puts the first bit of pressure on me on when I want to reach my goal. If I want my uniform in the first batch I will have to pre-order it. So I will have to guess what size I will need as my measurements at the time of ordering will not be the measurements at the time of receiving (how is that for a bit of positive visualisation LOL). Our uniform sizing in the past has been less than an exact science but we are hoping now that they have involved a designer (Mark Keighery - formerly the creator/owner of Marcs label) that the sizes will be consistent across the styles.

So back to the goal question. When I started my journey I took my lead from Rosemary Stanton and others who have consistently said that 500gm losses per week are a reasonable aim. Therefore as I started on 4th April 2005, I estimated I could reach goal on 24th April 2006 - my Mums birthday. Then as I lost weight each week I adjusted the end date based on the assumption that I would lose weight at a rate of 500gms a week from that point on. On this theory I have shaved off 12 weeks and the date is sitting at 30th January 2006. This would fit in perfectly with the new uniform release. Of course the dates change depending on what loss I experience so this date could move in either direction.

All along I have said to myself that I would not put a date on myself as I am afraid if I did that it would start the demons playing with my head. I think I am stronger now, so could possibly start entertaining these sorts of thoughts, but I don't want to slip into the mentality of this goal date being the end of my journey. I have often said that when I reach goal it is beginning and all this losing weight time is just preparation for that journey. And it is thanks to people like Suzy, and Lyn, and Kellee who have reached their goals and now have to face ongoing life challenges to maintain, and people like Cath and Emily, and Mary who are so close to getting back to, or reaching their goals, that I know I have a better mind set to tackle that stage. And I am very thankful to them, and everyone else on this journey because it is through this constant sharing of ideas and confirmation of positive actions that I am still as motivated as I am

I can only hope now that the new uniform will correctly flatter and highlight my brilliant new shape, perhaps I should give Mr Keighery a call ;)

**Edit**
Whooo Hoooo Emily hit goal today. Congratulations Emily.


Points FTD: 30 (pizza *sigh*) so much for my control LOL
Sugar Points: 3
Points Left FTW: 77
Exercise: Nothing - very tired. Total of 7,235 steps
TIAGF: The fact that I cannot sing

Uniforms are handy like that. It is hard having to work out what size you are going to be in the future, isn't it? I bought some bathers the other day and realised I should get them on the small side so they last me.

Great to hear that you will be getting new uniforms - bit of a bugger about the sizing though. I wish we had uniforms as they really do save your other clothes. Do they have any sample sizes that you could try on and use them to esitmate what you may be ?
Take care and have a great day !
Me

you are definitely stronger now and theres no harm in trying out an end date. if at any moment you start to freak out just stop immediately and continue on to the way you were doing things before the time contraint. some people do well in these kinds of circumstances, some rebel. maybe we are just rebels at heart. still, no harm in trying right :)
youll look hot in your new uniform!

You wear a uniform? Photos please :-) Love the positive visualisation. Of course you will have shrunken!! Setting a goal date is fun when you are close and I don't think the journey ever ends. There will always be new challenges and it's great that we can share something like this.

Great to get a new uniform. You will reach goal weight by the time it comes. It is hard to estimate the size though. Good luck with it.

I think your perception of the whole goal idea is great. You have not set anything that is unachieveable which is fantastic. I know you can do it - You know you can do it!!

I love uniforms. I used to have a work shirt before I joined WW but alas they could not be used to pitch a tent with LOL!! I have not bought anymore work shirts yet and thought I would hold off until I get to a more suitable size where I feel more content (probably around the 80kg mark). This way I can buy any style I want because it can come off the shelf from any store I choose!! At the moment I bought 4 $9.95 shirts from Katies (and not 16-26 the normal Katies) which I wear to work at the moment. However, once winter is over I will have to hunt once again for super bargins to get me through a season of summer. XX

I am sure you will be at goal when the new uniforms arrive and knowing you if you plan on that and order a smaller size you will be extra motivated to get there. Go for it Margaret.

I used to love having a uniform for work.

You shaved 12 weeks off the goal date already - wow...I hope we get to see photos of you in the new small uniform too (subtle hint there for you)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??