« Home | Uniform thoughts » | Trigger happy » | Weigh in - 18 » | Party cha cha cha. Party cha cha cha » | Blessed » | I went shopping :) » | Handy Dandy Notebook » | Sliver of hope » | Run like the wind » | Weigh in - 17 »

Wedding Belles

I have been invited to a wedding that will take place in Ulla Dulla on the October long weekend. It is for a friend who is very close to DH & his family. DH is a groomsman, and DS1 will be one of two little boys to walk down the isle (how cute - will take squillions of photos). As it is a not a tradition following couple, the partners of the bridesmaids and groomsmen will all be sitting at the bridal table. That means me! A lot of people who are going are DH's family and friends from Adelaide who last saw us when we were at our largest at DS2's christening. They are going to be very surprised. DH has lost 23kgs now but doesn't need to shop as he will be wearing a suit. I need to shop. (whooo hooooo).

So now I am going to put a bit of pressure on myself. I have lost 15.2kgs and it would be really great to be able to throw out a larger number when people say "Oh M you look fantastic. How much weight have you lost?" I think 20kgs would be a good figure. How much time does this give me? As I weigh in on Monday's it gives me 7 weigh ins before we go (last one Sep 26). I think this is too close as that means I would need to lose an average of a smidge under 700gms a week. I know my current average is a smidge over 800gms but it would be unrealistic of me to expect that to continue. ** Aargh **

See what I am doing. I am making myself crazy. I am not going to "aim" for anything. I am just going to continue doing what I am doing and when people ask me that question I will give them the most up-to-date answer I have. And whatever it is will be fantastic and people will still be very complimentary and I will feel great. And, if I find the right outfit, I may just feel beautiful as well.

Anyone want to come on a mad shopping weekend? Will be shopping Sat 24th & Sun 25th Sept. Design Brief: To find something that flatters my figure, my attitude, and must not match any of my current shoes - because then, oh darn, I will have to buy new ones ;)

Points FTD: 43
Sugar Points: 7
Points Left FTW: 34
Exercise: Walk to Central. Total of 9,467 steps
TIAGF: Fluffy slippers, warm pj's, and daggy dressing gowns. Brrrr is it cold!!

Oooh weddings - exciting!! I KNOW you can do it, but don't put too much pressure on yourself. Even if you went to that wedding today you would look amazing! I'm so annoyed - we come to Sydney on the 26th!! Otherwise I could come shopping, lol.

How exciting. Don't put too much pressure on yourself though. You are going extremely well and you will continue to do so and you look great and feel great so that's what matters.
And yes, it's soooooo cold!

Oh I'd so love to come shopping with you M! I'd happily fork out an airfare for the pleasure!

Unfortunately that weekend is another of my 1/2 marathons.

Bummer - I love shopping, especially with other people's money!!

I know you'll look great in whatever you choose.

damn right it will be fantastic no matter the answer... hell even 15kg is bloody fantastic :) i would love to come on your shopping spree buuuuuut im not sure if i have a high enough visa limit for a return flight AND shopping. you know, it should all be used for shopping lol looking forward to those squillions of photos!!

I'll come, I'll come! I will even be shoe advisor!

I would just love a shopping trip to Sydney, anyway will be thinking of you, Thats the weekend of my sons ball, so OMG its seven weeks away!!!!

Margaret

The shopping trip sounds fun, pity I'm in Melbourne.

Well, looks like you're stuck w me - I'll come!! Sounds like you're on the North Shore, but have you ventured East? Not usually a fan of shopping centres, but Bondi Westfield is fabulous!

No matter how much weight you lose before the wedding - you are going to look fantastic! Have fun shopping:)

Lol - any kiwis wanting to go, hehe, good luck getting a plane ticket!! We booked in bloody march and we still didn't get the dates we wanted because it's the school holidays. My mother in law still hasn't let me live it down... lol, actually she thinks it's Josephs fault so that's ok. :-)

I live out West in Penrith but if you wanted to go to Parramatta for one of the days I'd be happy to meet you there. Westfield's Parramatta is HUGE!!!

We have some really good shopping spots on the Gold Coast - why don't you come here and the big bonus is THE WEATHER IS BEAUTIFUL - T-shirts and boardies weather right now !!!! You have done so well - don't put yourself under any more pressure to reach a particular number - without the pressure you will probably get there anyway.
Take care and have a great weekend !
Me

Yes, come to sunny Queensland. There are some awesome discount places on the GC, and then you'd be able to come and visit us! I know that you, DH and both DS' will look wonderful. Damn about the new shoes!

Melbourne has some great spots too - I love shopping, it's a shame you are in Sydney:)

Oh oh oh! I just saw that my name has been shifted to the At Goal section and I started grinning madly!!! The Financial Controller walked past my office at the same moment and must think I'm an idiot!!!!!!!

I'm sure you will look fantastic in whatever you find. What fun - I love buying new clothes, especially when it's for a special occasion and you have to dress up a bit.
I'm a sucker for buying shoes but 99 times out of a hundred I buy black. My husband just laughs as I have about 20 pairs of black shoes and he can't understand why I would need more. He just doesn't get that they're all different. (Just call me Imelda!).
Bri

mate if I lived in Sydney I would be there like a SHOT!! you are going so well, I think you're wise not to put pressure on yourself. Everyone WILL be very impressed at the change in you - becuase it's your whole self-image and attitude, and that comes from inside. Keep us posted on the frock-a-thon
LBTEPA

I'm a sucker for shoes. Shoes and accessories - handbags & jewellery in particular!

No matter whether you lost another gram (which of course, you will!) before the wedding you'll look fabulous and everyone else there will think so, too.

Hey M - You should not put any pressure on yourself. You have the right idea - as long is it is in the downwards movement that is on track.

I would recommend you get some flashy sandles with a bit of bling to show off those wonderful tootsies......

be good

lb

Ah...shopping. I really like the idea of the wedding. It's nice to have partners sit together and no pressure...but I reckon you can get to that goal. I really do. You're such an amazing person and near enough is good enough in this case, as long as you give it a go :-)

I'm apparantly not a good person to go shopping with LOL but how exciting and to be shopping knowing full well that you have worked so damn hard and are looking fab!!!

Margaret,
You are such an inspiration... I must look at your blog about 15 times a day!
Would love to come shopping with you...but did a big trip to Sydney in January and still payinbg for it! Being in Perth doesn't help!
I too am like you...I am going to be a bridesmaid in December and have 7kgs to lose...not too much but getting there!
Thanks for your wonderful inspiration!

oh wow, I can't imagine anything more exciting than turning up to something like that looking slimmer and shocking everyone - I can't wait to hear about it.

Your DH is going great too isn't he. Is he counting points too?

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??