« Home | Sliver of hope » | Run like the wind » | Weigh in - 17 » | Catch Up » | Let there be light » | Adult Content - 18+ only » | Pox Update » | Munchie Madness » | What's red, white & black all over? » | Sign language »

Handy Dandy Notebook

Wish I had one. If I did I might not forget things that I want to say. But I don't. So I do. But I am going to try and remember all the little bits I have been wanting to say. (pinched the layout idea from Sue - thanks)

email friends
I have a number of lovely people who I regularly email as they don't have blogs of their own. Margaret B, Phillippa & LBEPTA to name a few. I have to apologise as I inadvertantly asked Telstra to cancel my telstra.com account (I meant to ask them to cancel another oops) so I have lost all your details. I would love you to email me using the address in my profile if you want to. Hope you are all going amazingly well with your journeys.

friends in general
Emily posted the most amazing post about friends today. I am not going to do the same even though this is something that has been going through my head for a while. I need to sort my thoughts out a bit more. It is well worth a read if this is the only post of hers you do read. But the rest of her story is pretty amazing too.

new friends
A message to Balloon. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I have been reading your blog for a few days now and I try to leave comments but for some reason the comments window does not open and I am unable to say hi. So if you read this, hi - you are doing a great job. :)

lunchtime
I work flextime so depending what I do at lunch I will write down that I took between 45 mins to 1 hour 15 mins on lunch to cover the exercise I do and the food I then eat when I get back. Initially the bosses frowned on the amount of time people were taking at lunch time but now they see the benefits in reduced sick leave and other absences that they now don't have a problem at all with what we are doing.

ww recipe book
Yes, I still have this to email out if you want. Just drop me a line on email and I will email back as quickly as I can. This is not a book I put together. A lovely lady by the name of Ivanka on the ww forums did that, but as she does not send it out anymore I am happy to.

my goal weight
According to the ww site the range for my height is 61kg - 76kg. This would put me at a healthy BMI level. When I did ww in 1996 the goal weight put in my book was 68kgs. A bone density test I have had done has shown I am of medium bones so 68kg would be a fair and reasonable goal for me to reach. I know that if I was doing ww officially now, I could quite reasonably ask that 76 be my goal (and that would mean I am only 5.3kgs away - whoo hooo) but I want it to be 68kgs because that is where I feel I would be my healthiest. But, I am keeping an open mind and I know that if I end up being my healthiest and happiest at, say 70kgs, I am not going to let that trick me into thinking I am a failure or copping out. So I shall aim for 68kgs and see what happens.




Today I have been quite tired. I think it is both from the amount of exercise I have been doing this week - which, by the way, is more than I did in the entire month of July - and remnants from the glandular fever. So I am heading for an early sleep tonight and will properly catch up on blogs tomorrow. I am home on Friday and Monday as I booked these days as annual leave months ago, to allow me time to prepare for, and clean up after, DS2's 1st birthday. So good night, sleep tight, don't get up to have a bite :)

Points FTD: 20
Sugar Points: 1
Points Left FTW: 74
Exercise: 35 min stroll in the city. Total of 10,388 steps
TIAGF: The safe arrival of my in-laws in Paris (Happy Birthday Dennis)

Great post - hope all the birhday preparations go well:)

Hehe..get yourself a notebook woman! I live in my filofax :-)

I read Emily's post and WOW, I can really relate to some of the things she was saying. Some people are just miserable and not very good friends. It can be so hard and upseting but I don't think they mean to be nasty or do they??

Balloon is a gem ain't she! I really like her. I would love a copy of the WW recipe book too, yes please :-)

Mmm, goal weight's been on my mind too. Will wait and see how it all feels. I like the way your thinking about it!

Catch you in bed (should we tell Cat we're sleeping together) LOL!

Have a great day tomorrow hon.

Shhhhhh Mary. It's supposed to be our little secret ;)

I read Emily's post this morning too, and it was the first post of hers I ever read! And Ballon is a gem indeed.

Take care of you and yours for the rest of August. Keep up the gorgeous work you are doing.

I am leaving tomorrow, so I will "see" you again after my 3 weeks of holidays!

*hugs*

What a great blog today M (not that your others aren't great also !!!) but you know what I mean !! Like Mary I live and die by my filofax - would be absolutely lost without it, Lucky Me - Al is pricing a PDA (?) - think that is what it is called (the elctrconic diary thing) in Taipei - hope he can get me one as then I could keep it in my bag - the filofax is too big for my handbag so land up scribbling on pieces of paper until I get back to it ! Good luck for the party and the clean up - am sure that you will all have a wonderful time ! Take care, be good and Happy Birthday to DS2 !
Me

Aw! Thank you :) You're too sweet. I'm sorry you can't leave me a comment, I'm not quite sure what's wrong with my blog. Aargh!

Nice post again today. I know what you mean about your goal weight, I think these ranges are a bit too vague but they are a good guide and them make you feel good in a way - yes, you're 5.3kgs away from a healthy weight, that shows how far you've come! There'll be a moment of clarity when you reach the weight your body is comfortable with and you'll smile at yourself and think "That's me!" It's a great feeling.

Lovely, lovely, lovely. Have fun with your party prepping, have a great birthday and make sure you KEEP LOOKING AFTER YOURSELF. G Fever can take a long time to clear your system, so listen to your body when you're tired. OMG, I have become my mother!

And I agree about the goal wieght thing. I don't want to get hung up on what I'm told is my ideal weight, I want to find what's right for me. I'm planning to assess this (with the help of my men) when I hit 85kg.

No wonder you are feeling tired - GF can make you tired for a long time after so take it easy huh? Great work on your exercise etc - as always, you are doing great!
Best of luck for wee Oscar's party!! How exciting!! Enjoy (but don't drink as much as I did!!!). :-)

I think the top of my healthy weight range is 66, so that's where I'm aiming for right now - and then I'll decide my ultimate goal - I cannot even imagine how I will feel at 66 so I just can't plan it. :-)

Have a great day!!

What a great post. Hope you have a great weekend with the birthday party. XX

Have a lovely weekend. Take care of yourself. Especially after having GF.
You are an inspiration as always.

Funny, Funny, Funny.

A good sense of humour goes a long way.

Take care of yourself as you are still in recovery phase - but also congrats on so much hard work with the exercise.

Have a great weekend

lb

You have a very exciting weekend ahead so please look after yourself so you can really enjoy the party. A young childs birthday is just so exciting and makes being a parent so rewarding seeing the joy and excitement in their little faces.
I so relate to you about forgetting things. I have a filofax but forget to write in it. I love your little prayer about sleeping tight. It will become my mantra at bedtime. LOL hope you feel better each and every day.

Hope your little one's birthday is a most enjoyable day for all concerned - please tell me you're having fairy bread??

Just read about you're finding the light, that would have to be the BEST, yay for you!!

*gasp* and you both thought i would never find out ;)

mmhmm i like Balloon as well, im just reading through her archives! well done on doing so much exercise too!!

what a fantastic post! isn't a handy dandy notebook something from blues clues??? hope u enjoy the wknd and have a wonderful day for your sons bday!

I love this post.

I hope the birthday celebrations go great

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??