« Home | Weigh in - 18 » | Party cha cha cha. Party cha cha cha » | Blessed » | I went shopping :) » | Handy Dandy Notebook » | Sliver of hope » | Run like the wind » | Weigh in - 17 » | Catch Up » | Let there be light »

Trigger happy

I think I have learned a lot in the last 18 weeks. I have learned to identify triggers and situations that have caused me to overeat in the past and I am now learning to become a little more flexible in my approach. For example. Today at work I am on a new floor. We moved on Friday and as I was not here my belongings were moved up and were waiting for me when I arrived. Our building has just undergone a major transformation and one of the things that is now new and bright and beautiful is a 'break out' area (fancy open lunch room). In each break out area there is a huge fridge to be shared by the floor. As so many people in our group bring in their own stuff we have a fridge of our own. But the removalists forgot to move the fridge so we had to put our gear in the main fridge in the interim. Now, we did make the fridge a little crowded, not overly so as my stuff was very low due to it being a weekend, but this morning the other group has put a big sign on the fridge with words to the effect of "this fridge is full - find other alternatives". So I feel that I cannot go and do my weekly shop this morning as I will overflow my tub and to be honest, it just wouldn't fit in the fridge. This could have been an opportunity for me to say "Oh well, can't shop, better get something from the food court" And I did BUT I went to the chinese place and bought steamed veges (no sauce) and 2 steamed dim sims. All up 3 points. So I did not falter.

Then I found out that our group had organised a morning tea to welcome us all to our new home and we had invited some of the other groups as a bit of a meet and greet. When the platters arrived I was assaulted by the smell of chicken strips, sausage rolls, meat pies, filo triangles. Oh it smelt so good. I had a ww choc crisp bar and a bottle of water. I was still sociable but I kept in control of what I was eating. And not one person pressed me to have anything. That was great.

In the past both these things would have been triggers for me to go off plan or to get so flustered by the sponteneity that I would have just eaten what was on offer without thinking of the consequences. I am thankful that I know what I know, because my health and changing body are evidence of good information, but oh for a bit of ignorant bliss when it comes to hot finger food platters :)

Happy Birthday Ally

Points FTD: 25
Sugar Points: 0
Points Left FTW: 107
Exercise: Walk in Hyde Park. Walk to Central. 30 min tramp. Total of 14,688 steps
TIAGF: Inner strength (just plain stubborness!)

well done M! thats some serious temptation resisting you did there!
sounds like it really is a way of life for u now!

Wohooo Margaret avoiding temptation is really hard.

Unreal of you to resist the morning tea, shall channel you next time we have one..

I bet the same people who remarked at your magical disappearing fat were scoffing hand over fist!

Yippeee for resisting temptation. It's a great feeling, isn't it? No wonder you're losing all that weight, M! Bravo!

Wow! You are amazing!! Sometimes it's hard to imagine you are the same person who put on the weight. :-) Well done - and thanks for the inspiration - today I will resist because you did!

You did so well avoiding the temptations! Great you recognise your triggers and now can plan around them! You aer one positive lady!

Well done for resisting. It takes great courage when the food is sitting smelling and looking so inviting. You are a star!

That is fantastic. You are doing so well and I know exactly how hard it is to resist finger food. Be proud of yourself. Your achievements and outlook on life is inspiring to us all. XX

Just shows how much you have changed the inner you doesn't it? Congratulations on slaying the food dragon.

Well done mate!!
PS picture of you w/ new bub - gorgeous - no-one would know you'd just given birth. What a champ :-)

LBTEPA

Well done Margaret! We are all learning so much on this journey and it's just ace to hear about how you are making all these great decisions. :D

Well done. it is a bit mean to put a sign like that on the fridge. you think people could be more flexible when things are in disarray. I don't know if i could resist sausage rolls myself :)

Well done for making the most of the fridge situiation:)

Lol, just thought - ever watch that UK program called Trigger Happy? Hilarious!

Your story made me laugh. When I was living in sharehouses we had a 'fridgewarming' party dedicated to the enormity of our new fridge (we had a massive coke fridge that had to live in the courtyard next to the washing machine because it was too big to fit through the doors in the house).

You have been walking HEAPS - 14, 688 steps. Go M!!

Well done on resisting - go girl !!! Take care and have a great day !
Me

see you proved it doesnt have to be as difficult as we like to think it will be. its all a matter of understanding we do actually have choices and are deserving enough to say 'no, id rather have something that will benefit my body instead of something that will please my tastebuds'

of course sometimes the tastebuds deserve a little something, its just about portion control and right timing ;)

well done pretty!!

Good girl M, you've come too far to just say "stuff it" and how about a tatt huh? Got you interested :-)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??