« Home | Handy Dandy Notebook » | Sliver of hope » | Run like the wind » | Weigh in - 17 » | Catch Up » | Let there be light » | Adult Content - 18+ only » | Pox Update » | Munchie Madness » | What's red, white & black all over? »

I went shopping :)

This journey has given me so many 'firsts' as I have been going along and today I clocked up a few more. There is a walk near my house that encompasses about 200 stairs. It starts off as a slow gentle descent, a lovely stretch across the water and then it is all uphill from there. When I went out to do a bit of shopping I put all my gear in the car then stopped and thought about when I would be able to fit the walk in. I had a lot of stuff to do today and there is always a rush at the business end when I pick the boys up, so I locked the car and set off for the walk before I went shopping. I have never ever done this before. When I last did this walk I went with my Mum and it took me about 30 minutes. If Mum was here it meant I had lost about 4kgs I think. Well, the walk only took me 15 minutes. I was puffing and panting and sweating by the time I got to the car but next time, I think I'll do 2 laps!

Then came the 2nd first. I went to Chatswood Chase and knew I only needed to shop on the ground level. So I parked on the roof. At the furthest corner away from the doors. I went through the shopping centre and used the escalators on the way down , doing a bit of window shopping on the way, but on the return journey I used the car park ramps. 12 levels of them. Whoooo Hooooo. That was hard work.

The third first, for this journey, is I went shopping and bought some size 14 clothes. Yaaaaaa. It was not my aim to shop for me, but when I went through the ladies clothes section I spied some trackies and t-shirts and as my current gear is just about starting the workouts without me I thought it was about time I got a 2nd set. Well as I stood there and looked at the choices I started to laugh. Because I remembered a post Mary had made about this perfectly co-ordinated pink runner that was stalking her (not really but you have to read it to get the whole story). Anyway I decided there and then to get a fully co-ordinated outfit. Trackpants, singlet, little t-shirt, jacket - the works. How funny. And did I get it in a crowd blending black, or pale colours that don't draw any attention. NO. It is bright, it is bold, it is teal & white & grey. And it looks HOT!!! Well to me it does anyway because it fits. As soon as I got home I stripped off and put on my new duds. LOL I am such a dag. Then when I picked up the boys I parked on the roof (as I always do at this centre) but I ran down all the ramps to get something for my dinner then ran up them again to get the boys. Gotta put the new duds through their paces. :)

But, on a slightly serious note, it reminded me about how clothes can change your mood. For so long I wore clothes to cover, to hide, to get me through an event. Now I wear clothes that make me feel sporty - so I exercise more, I wear clothes that make me feel attractive - so I go out more, and am more outgoing. It is a very different feeling when I try on and wear fitted clothes that fit. It is a good feeling. I don't want this feeling to go away.

Points FTD: 20
Sugar Points: 3
Points Left FTW: 54
Exercise: 15 min walk around block incl 200+stairs. Walk up 22 ramps up 2 shopping car parks. Total of 10,425 steps
TIAGF: Co-ordinated tracky (or should that be tacky) sets

Woohooo for shopping, and for buying new clothes, and for all that exercise - those ramps, and steps. Brilliant!!
Have a great weekend and make sure you keep that triumphant feeling with you :-)

How true is your post ! Yay for shopping for new clothes that make you feel good. Hope you have a fantastic party and that your weekend isn't too hectic. Take care and be good !
Me

22 Ramps!!!! WOW!!

I have absolutely no co-ordinated clothing in my cupboards and drawers. I just pull things out without even thinking about what it all looks like together.

But as I go to a ladies only gym, there's not really anyone to impress there, which really works for me!! And after an hour running on the treadmill I look like a limp rag (and smell like one too!!).

I just couldn't do the co-ordinated tracky thing. It just isn't me. But I love buying new tracky dacks. Although I got the last pair really tight so I could tell when I lose weight, and I don't look that good in them.

I did do a first a couple of weeks ago though - my first co-ordinated bra and knickers set! Woohoo!

oooh well done you! your progress is absolutely KICKASS!

you are so right re the well-fitting clothes. for the first time i am thinking of getting a 'proper' gym top, instead of shitty old t-shirt... just so i can see what i look like beneath all that fabric! funny how things change :)

Yeeha for all that exercise. Yeeha for all the new gear. Yeeha for how that gear makes you feel. Yeeha for how good you make me feel too.

Wow M, what a day! And that tracksuit looks very hot :)

Great to hear you challenged yourself on those steps woman! That would have been a good workout. How tight is your ass getting now LOL :-) And the carpark, you have to join Smaller Sue now and be called a freak too now *jokes*.

Bwahahaha....co-ordinates, too funny! You do realise that now that people like me will be hunting you down, hehe. The new duds look great and if it makes you feel like exercising, that is the main thing for sure.

I agree with the new feeling. We have certainly changed the way we think about clothes. Not to cover up but to show off, whoot! Have a great weekend beautiful.

New clothes look great!!
Now you will walk even faster...lol

Great new clothes. So nice to wear fitted clothes again.

Well done on a day of big firsts! You are very inspiring, keep it up :-)

ooo yes you do look fantastic too i hope you have many happy running sessions in your cute new clothes :D

Hope the party is rocking!

hey thats great u are looking for ways to increase all incedental exercise - well done! Hey congrats on the brand new sz 14 work out gear - u r shrinking girly! :)

I loved the post about the perfectly co-ord pink runner in Mary's blog.

I do that LOL I come home, throw everything on the table and race to the room, undressing on the way to try on my new clothes

I love the new sports stuff you bought

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??