« Home | Weigh in - 17 » | Catch Up » | Let there be light » | Adult Content - 18+ only » | Pox Update » | Munchie Madness » | What's red, white & black all over? » | Sign language » | De-cluttering the mind » | Weigh in - 16 »

Run like the wind

Which is very good when you have wind. What me? Never. Moving on. Today's exercise was even better than yesterday. Three of us went out at lunch and I ran more than I have ever done in my life. And the little problem I have that was hampering my running seems to be improving each time I go out. So I am obviously building muscle somewhere :) I was even told by one of my friends that I run fast, and not at all like a penguin LOL. That's reassuring. And thanks Sue, yes Sydney parks are full of whackos. And we were but three doing our little workout on the grass. I am not sure how long we had been doing our cycling in the air when I realised that the comments I was hearing like "keep going" "you can do it" "watch out for the lorry" were aimed at us courtesy of a group of school kids who were having their lunch near by. Now, when you have your butt in the air and you are as uncoordinated as me, laughing is not a good idea. In fact I toppled over. After I had completed my minute. Then we did some pushups. Boy are we suckers for punishment. But it was 22 degrees, sunny, no breeze. Just a beautiful winters day. I am so lucky.

As we walked back to work I had to give myself a little credit as it was not all that long ago that the thought of someone watching me do any exercise, let alone attention grabbing middle of the park butt up in the air exercise, would have reduced me to an absolute mess and I would not have done it. In spite of myself. Now I have the confidence to do it anyway (that's Kate's mantra if you didn't know) and with that comes the realisation that no-one watches. Well the ones not laughing anyway ;)

Points FTD: 20
Sugar Points: 0
Points Left FTW: 114
Exercise: 40 min walk in Hyde Park lots of jogs! 60 sit-ups, 1 min cycling, 20 pushups. Total of 13,902 steps
TIAGF: Australian beautiful spring like winter days

I think you rock for all that you do in your lunch hours - well done !!! I didn't even make it to pilates tonight - exercise is a very sad state of affairs with me lately.
Take care and have a great day !
Me

Howdy!

Thanks for your comments, I gave myself a good whipping today. Hehehe! Feels good to be back into it.
It's so cool that you work out in your lunch break, good on you! I admire the fact that you do it in Hyde Park too (sometimes that place freaks me out!) I had a fantastic walk in today and now entertaining myself at work.

:) Sarah

You are the exercise Queen! I am in awe of you!
Bri

I wish I could run but am worried about my knees at the moment. Good work.

mmm makes me want to go out and run :) good work woman, how does it feel to run more than you have ever run before?
and i like that you dont care about what other people think and just do it, it always makes me sad to hear people avoid exercise outside or in a gym because of fear. its not as bad as most people think, yo keep up the good work and thanks for your sweetie words today, meant a lot :)

Inspired once more by you, last night I broke into a jog while walking the dog! And kept it up for 400m! Moose, of course, thought I was mad.

Fantastic stuff! You are doing brilliantly with your exercise and your jogging :-) That's so cool. It's funny when you finally realise people aren't looking at you while you exercise!! In fact, lol, I overheard two old ladies the other day talking about me as I zoomed past them "Gosh she seems fit, and with that pushchair". Lmao. Too funny. I went through a stage when I could never make eye contact with anyone while I was out exercising, and now I always do and say hi. It's amazing when you actually look up... how many other people look down. Lol. :-) Have a great day M - I think it sounds like you are getting beans too.

You are such a champion! It's great that you have lunch time buddies to exercise with too so you can egg eachother on. School kids are just silly so you gotta laugh :-) YAY for Kate's mantra. So simple and you really can't fight back. You sound like you are much better too. I really hope you have a fanastic week this week and what a way to start August, on fire!

I Love the idea of lunch break exercises, it's so much nicer to exercise with others:)

You are doing so well with your exercise and you are so motivated. Well done!

Well done for the whole lunchtime exercise regime. I would love to get out at lunch and do something but as I am the only one here I have my lunch in the lunchroom while also tending to the phones. Plus I work in Wetherill Park (industrial estate) so nowhere nice to walk here - too many trucks!! XX

Go Speed Racer, go speed racer (think this was a cartoon theme song!!!). Just love the thought that you're actually out running.

You'll soon be entering races at this rate!!

Have a wonderful sunny day!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??