« Home | Catch Up » | Let there be light » | Adult Content - 18+ only » | Pox Update » | Munchie Madness » | What's red, white & black all over? » | Sign language » | De-cluttering the mind » | Weigh in - 16 » | Job half done :) »

Weigh in - 17

It is so hard when I have had such a good day to wait until the boys are in bed before I can get in and post. I don't want to lose the feeling and want to capture everything before something comes along to take the fizzle out. Not that it could.

Weigh in this morning saw the scales drop 300gm which brings the month up to an even 1kg loss. Whilst not the most brilliant of losses I am now quite happy with that result. More so because today was measuring day. After taking my measurements I was happy, happy, happy all day long. I knew my jeans were getting looser. I am either going to have to invest in a belt to avoid any public indency charges being filed, or finally buy some new jeans of my own ;) My measurements are as follows:


Body BitaaaThen (cm)aaaNow (cm)aaaDifference (cm)
Neck3533.51.5
Upper Arm (R)33.5 303.5
Bust11410014
Waist96 8313
Hips124.510321.5
Butt120 10713
Thigh (R)71.56011.5
Calf (R)43 376
84 cms
which is a difference of 15.5 cm from last month

Armed with this information I started wondering what size I was. So after work I went to a shopping centre and went into 3 stores. Sportsgirl, Portmans & Sussan. All I wanted was for a label of a size 16 or a 14 to tell me what Bust, Waist, Hip fit it. So I could know where I stood. Not one of these stores had labels with dimensions in them. Super frustrating. As I didn't actually want to buy anything, I didn't want, nor did I have time, to try any clothes on. In Sussan a really lovely sales lady came over and I asked her. She replied that they don't have that in their clothes and after pulling up my jacket and having a bit of a fiddle with my tummy (whoa there cowgirl!) she proclaimed that I would fit easily into one of their 14's. "Our jeans are generously cut" she went on to say. Mmmmm. Does that mean that I am a 14 here but 16 elsewhere because they are generous. My investigation continued. I walked into K-mart sure that at least some of their clothes would have the information I needed. Score. I looked in 3 different brands and I am now convinced that S14 has bust - 100, Waist - 80, Hips - 105. So for all intensive purposes (forgetting about the big butt thing) I am a size 14!! Whooo Hooooo. Now I am too scared to go and try something on in case it is all in my head :)

I went for my walk at lunch today and even though it is listed in my exercise below I am so happy with it I am going to put it in twice. Whilst mindful of my current bout of GF I felt so good walking. I went with a friend and walked the normal route to the fountain. It was there that we discussed stopping and doing some crunches and other ab stuff but the grass was wet so decided to do it at the other end. As we came up to the avenue of trees my friends asked if I wanted to jog. I said that I could only go a few trees at a time and as she is tree challenged we agreed to run lightpoles (2 lightpoles = 3 trees, 3 lightpoles = 5 trees) LOL I am an idiot. Anyway she said start running at the next lightpole and see how far you can go. I ran two lightpoles. We then walked two lightpoles and then ran another 2 lightpoles. This is a record for me. Once we crossed the road she said "Come on - one last go" and I boldly went where I have never been before and ran 3 lightpoles *hears the crowd roar with approval*. I was so puffed I thought I was going to fall over. Then we found ourselves a nice dry patch of grass and set about doing sit ups. I managed 60 to her 100. Then we did 1 minute of upside down cycling. Good golly we must have looked like complete whacko's. But I don't care. Because I did it. Then we dragged ourselves back to the office to stuff our face for lunch.

After that I felt like I could do anything. So I have finished my exercise for the night. Will make sure I head to bed early. And will dream of lightpoles and size 14's all night long ;)

Points FTD: 20
Sugar Points: 2
Points Left FTW: 134
Exercise: 40 min walk in Hyde Park inc 2 x 2 lightpoles + 1 x 3 lightpole jog! 60 sit-ups, 1 min cycling. Walk to Central. 30 min tramp. Whooo Hoooo. Total of 13,467 steps
TIAGF: New Beginnings

WOOO-HOO!!!! Fantastic news all round! You rock girl, congratulations!!!! You've got me all excited for you :-)

I am in awe of you - you are indeed a veritable legend!! Congratulations!

Bri

Wow what a great and inspiring post. And I thought I was the only one who jogged according to lightpoles! *just one more* LOL

Great that you are feeling better. Keep up the great work you are an inspiration :)

thats so amazing M. im so excited for you right now *bounce bounce bounce* :) youve worked hard and its paying off, simple as that... now come bounce along with me weee

Look at those cm's shrink!! Great news about the size 14. You have an hourglass figure! 1kg loss for July was good too.

Your energy in this post is contaigous. You are pumping right now!!!

Well done on the measurements!

Lyn

WOW!!
Ok where to start...
WELL DONE!! on your jogging - that is fantastic! Great measurements - see even if you *only* lost 1kg this month you have shrunk HEAPS!! Well done on another loss - especially when you weren't sure that you were going to lose. And yay for feeling so much better!!
Oh, and how could I forget - woohooo for the size 14 thing!! That is truely amazing, and to be honest I wouldn't bother buying much because you are going to need a 12 soon!!
Thanks for this post - it has cheered me up so much!!
Have a great day!!

Thanks for such a positive post - have to say I really feel like I need this morning being on a bit of a downer right now !!! Well done on all those accomplishments - I know how exciting it is to be dropping clothes sizes and losing those cm's and of course, the kgs as well. It is so good that you measure your success not only in terms of your weight lost - good for you !
Take care and have a great day !
Me

WOW! Look at how many cm's you've lost. That's totally amazing!!

And go light pole girl! Made me laugh out loud!

Have a lovely day!

Well done. True what they say about the difference between kg's and cm's lost. Measurements are so important. I had to laugh about the running between light poles. Jamie and I did a similar thing about a week ago. On our home stretch of our walk we decided to have a race to the corner. I won but that's cause he was stuck with rocky who was lagging behind. Poor old dog. We've had to leave him at home lately cause he just can't keep up!!! Glad your feeling better. XX

OOOOOOOO MY GOD YOU GO GIRL...YOU ROCK...

..WHAT A GREAT POST!!!

Great measurements - particularly in the waist/hips/thighs! Great exercise, too, and I wouldn't worry about looking like a couple of whackos - Sydney parks are full of those!

Great that your body is shrinking! 1kg loss is still really fantastic. Your post was so positive and your exercise has just inspired me to get off my butt and go for a walk!! Have another great month:)

Thanks for posting your measurements - on a day when I can use some inspiration - and how fantastic are they?!?!?!?

Am trying to invisinge the lightpoles but as i cannot I will walk there tonight - THANK-YOU M!!

Well done, dude. You rock. That is all.

You managed to put a smile on my face with this post and I been having a few hard days lately. Thank you you model dieter you! Your determination and commitment are both incredible! *hugs*

Size 14! i am soo jealous - well done!! :) :)
congrats on the loss too! and all that exercise!
Sounds like u had a fabulous day! Hope u are feeling lots better too!

Well done Miss M! Losing cms is great to measure when the scales aren't showing so much. You must be feeling slinky :-) Belts are now mandatory LOL! Clothing sizes pee me off but good to see you doing your research. YAY for reaching a record with the *trees* too girl. This makes me smile and to do it Hyde Park too, good going. What a great place to exercise. I hope you have a fabulous week hon. I'll try drop in when I can but this week is jam packed. Cheers :-)

OMG that is so impressive, great measurements

well done

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??