« Home | Let there be light » | Adult Content - 18+ only » | Pox Update » | Munchie Madness » | What's red, white & black all over? » | Sign language » | De-cluttering the mind » | Weigh in - 16 » | Job half done :) » | Energised »

Catch Up

I have taken the advice of so many of my well wishers and have done nothing much more than rest this weekend. Saturday was spent entirely in bed, and today, after a brief walk at Balmoral I have rested. The pedometre has been off the entire weekend so steps will have to be counted at zero. I will be working out the average I need to walk from here on in to achieve the winter walking challenge. I can't believe how swiftly I went from feeling itchy but fantastic to feeling like I had been hit by a truck. My joints are all still a bit sore and the swelling in my hands has gone down enough that I no longer feel like my rings are going to have to be cut off but they are still sore. I will be back at work tomorrow but will continue to monitor myself and take it easy. Enough of that.

July has not been a brilliant weight loss month for me. I had a gain - 200gm, a no change, and a loss - 900gm for a net loss of 700gm. I am hoping at best for a no change tomorrow. I understand that it is possible for the body to hit a plateau at some time but really I think the result is correct based on the input v output. My eating has not been horrendous in that I have not gone over weekly points by much, but I have gone over. And the content of each week (with the exception of last week) has not been balanced and has been made up of more take away than in the previous months. My exercise too has been extremely low. I think I may have been swayed by the number of steps I was taking and thinking that that meant I was doing exercise but really I have not been for a lunch time walk this month. OK for two of them I have been at home either tending to the sick, or being sick myself, so perhaps should not be too hard on myself but there is always going to be times when this will happen. I don't want them to be excuses or springboards to gaining weight again. So before I go to bed tonight, I will be packing my bag so that at least I have my gear with me so I can walk tomorrow. Depending on how I feel it will be a hard walk or an easy walk. But there will be a walk happening!

In the evenings too, I need to pull my finger out. I watch so much TV and I try to excuse that by saying I work all day, I like to spend time with DH, I am tired, but they are just crap excuses. All I need is to give myself 30 minutes to have a jog on the tramp, and 10 minutes to do some abs. That's not much. I just have to start it and make it a habit. Yes it would help if DS1 stayed in his bed and didn't want us to lie with him and pat his back, yes it would help if I had a room I could turn into a gym so that it is quiet, but that isn't going to happen and I need to work around it anyway. It's not that hard. (I'll have to keep telling myself this until I believe it ;) )

Tomorrow will be the beginning of another back to basics week with the constant knowledge that DS2's 1st Birthday party will be on Sunday. I have planned a huge zero point vege and dip platter as well as a cheese and fruit platter. I can and will avoid the cheese myself. Lunch for the adults will be chicken, salad, and bread so easy to count that in my day. The kidlets will be getting a few extra things and as I have avoided eating these things to date I should be OK. The birthday cake is an ice cream cake and I will be having some. So each day this week will be a 20 point day which will allow me an extra 12 points on Sunday. Will be good practice when I hit those 70's and have to be a 20 pt a day girl anyway ;)

So message to myself. Get on with it chook. It's not just going to happen by itself.


Sunday

Points FTD: 22.5
Sugar Points: 0
Points Left FTW: 6
Exercise: None.
TIAGF: A DH that steps in when I have to step out

Saturday


Points FTD: 16
Sugar Points: 4
Points Left FTW: 28.5
Exercise: None.

Friday
Points FTD: 21.5
Sugar Points: 2
Points Left FTW: 44.5
Exercise: None.

"I can and will avoid the cheese myself" - these are words you'd never hear me saying. I am a complete cheese whore. I try not to have it in the house because there is no restraint when cheese is around.

Hope your son's party goes well.

OMG you actually did nothing! Well done woman and I hope you feel much better tomorrow. July has been very challenging for you and I really hope you're not being hard on yourself. I think you are an amazing woman and you have done well this month considering all the hurdles. I am thinking the bday party will sure keep you motivated to get back to basics this week. I know you will do it and do it well. Love your "get on with it chook" attitude. Super!

I'm so glad you rested - it sounds like you really needed it. Hope you continue to feel better - and good on you for deciding to get back into the exercise - but don't over do it. (Nurses orders :p) July hasn't been a great month weight loss wise for a few of us - but that's ok. August is today, and a new month. So - cheers - heres to us all having a great August!!

Am so glad to hear that you rested this weekend - you really did need it. Back to basics will definitely help you prepare for the weekend and the birthday party - hope you didn't see my new look blog with the wrong stats !!! Copied it from Mary so it still had her stats until I got home - not that I think her stats are bad - just that I felt a little like someone was going to say "Liar liar pants on fire" when they read my age as 26 !!!!!
Take care and hope you are well enough to go to work - more importantly, if you don't feel well enough that you stay at home another day !
Lotsa hugs for all you have been through lately !
Me

Great analysis of this point in your journey - okay, it hasn't been a great month, but you haven't gained and you know why you haven't lost much. So the month has been a dead loss, just another type of learning experience. Keep looking after yourself!

it's a good thing you rested. i love the deco by the way (previous post, i know, talk about dissorganized commenting!). we all get at some point to a stage like that, where things seem to be at a slowdown/static like pace. (you did lose by the way!) the major thing is to bounce back, and it sounds as if you're already on your way! *eyeing up with huge admiration*

As Kate said August is a new month, so time to bounce into it!!

Youare not a "chook" You are a spring chicken..or will be when spring comes. So glad you rested.. take it a bit easy this week and get back into it slowly so you don't have a set back. July was a difficult month for you with lots of obstacles to weight loss so you didn't fail but succeeded in getting through it with a small loss. Ne start today and we are all feeling much more motivated. Lets climb up the standings ladder this month on the challenge.

Good on you for all that planning. You can do it!!! BTW those Ikea storage boxes look great!! Love the colours. Bright, Bold & Vivid!!! Take care and don't overdo it. Give your body time to heal or else you will relapse. XX

Glad you are getting better and you were a good girl for resting and letting your body recover.

Wow... how the hell did you manage to do all that work while you were sick?! And to lose anything at all while you're sick too! What a wonder woman you are. I realy don't know where you get your energy from, but can you please send a bottle to me? Hope you enjoy the party - my little boy's party is the following weekend... how fast they grow up! Wish we could stop them in their tracks... hope you're feeling better.

chook.. theres an interesting one ;) what exactly does a back to basics week mean?
hope you are feeling tiptop asap! have a nice evening :)

Way to go M! I think the best weapon to arm yourself with on this journey is honesty - and you have it! Now you can prepare better for the changes that may be necssary to get you the goal you want AND deserve - Good Luck :-)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??