« Home | Still smiling » | Weigh in - 19 » | The next level - long post » | Honesty » | Wedding Belles » | Uniform thoughts » | Trigger happy » | Weigh in - 18 » | Party cha cha cha. Party cha cha cha » | Blessed »

Sumo compliments

8 months ago DS1's favourite carer from Kindy moved to Darwin as her BF had to move for work. We were very sad to see her go as she and DS1 shared a very special bond. Unfortunately for her, the relationship did not work out, and fortunately for us, she has moved back to Sydney and is temping at Kindy until she starts uni next year. When I went to pick up the boys today it is the first time she has seen me since I started losing weight. I didn't think anything of it until she almost fell over and said how great I looked. Even with a funny walk ;)

Makes me feel extra glad I had a good lunch today. As I can't walk very far (even the loos are too far away in my opinion!) I asked my friend KD what she was having for lunch, and whatever she got could she get for me too. As KD is following Sureslim I was pretty sure she would get something lowish in points but the risk was there. We settled on a Sumo Salad. The new ww Eating Out Guide has the full list and I chose an Asian Chicken Salad with Spicy Thai Dressing for 4 points. Yummo. So much better than hobbling downstairs for a pie and chips. Which I really felt like. Which I am glad I did not have.

Having a good day :)


(This is last nights post but still can't get internet on the home PC. Will work on that tonight - and do a catch up)


Points FTD: 21
Sugar Points: 0
Points Left FTW: 93.5
Exercise: Special knee lifts. Arm exercises.
TIAGF: analgesic / calmative / ibuprofen

Isn't it great when you see someone you haven't seen in ages and they hardly recognise you - well done !!!! Am glad to see that you are getting better even if it is a little slower than you would have liked. Well done on the lunch choice !
Take care and look after yourself !
Me

Yay for being so good with your food.

And yay again for the way you must have felt hearing all the nice things about your weight loss!!

Hope the back's healing now.

Im really keen to try the Suma Salads in Sydney!! I have read about them and saw one in Sydney. There's nothing like that where I live/work now.

Compliments are so lovely arent they?! They just boost your day so much :o)

Nice choice for lunch. I love asian salads but DH doesn't - he's not a noodle person at all of any kind. Actually anything other than iceberg lettuce and he winges LOL!!!

Great work with lunch!!! We don't have Suma Salad in NZ (that I know of), but it sounds yummy!

I have never heard of Sumo salad. good on you for having something that was obviously better than pie and chips. Be careful of your back won't you? Must be hard if toilets are far away to drink lots of water. You must cherish the feeling when the kinder temp saw you. Bet you were the talk of the kinder at todays morning tea!

it is such an ego booster when you see someone after losing weight

the lunch sounds really yummy

Don't you get a buzz when someone gets a surprise to see you at the new size! Hope your back is on the bend - take care.

The Sumo salad sounded delish - we don't them in NZ yet (but we do have the All Blacks - LOL!)

It is always sad when a carer leaves as some of them kids just don't bond with as much. I bet DS1 was happy.

Sumo Salad is fantastic! I am absolutely addicted, my favourite would have to be the Pumpkin and Pinenut one. Delicious and nutritious and only 150 calories.

Good to hear DS1's favourite carer is back in town! I bet he's very happy.

Hope your back is feeling better!
:) Sarah

I really don't know how you are still at work with your sore back and everything - brave girl!! Take care of yourself and make sure you get some rest too huh? xx

that is great news that people are noticing your weight loss...and good on you for making those right food choices!
hope your back gets better soon :)

compliments are always wonderful :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??