« Home | Sumo compliments » | Still smiling » | Weigh in - 19 » | The next level - long post » | Honesty » | Wedding Belles » | Uniform thoughts » | Trigger happy » | Weigh in - 18 » | Party cha cha cha. Party cha cha cha »

Blame

I am currently reading a book (I know - another one!) called 'The One Minute Millionaire". I figured as I was starting to shake off all my weight related demons it was about time I got serious and looked at shaking off all my success/failure related demons (that's another entire story right there).

I am not very far in but the book has highlighted to me already how easily I used to attribute blame for certain things on people or circumstance and how that habit is slowly changing in relation to eating and exercise. For example. If out at a party or function the old me would have scoffed everything in sight and attributed the blame for my weight gain to the hostess "Oh it was Nadia's fault - she makes such delicious pastries" thereby removing any responsibility from myself. Or "gee it was so cold that I just had to have the battered fish instead of the salad and could not possibly go out for a walk" putting the blame squarely on the weather and not on myself. Who was I kidding? Placing the responsibility on another person does not help me lose weight. Placing the responsibility on the weather does not help me tone up. I realise now that I am responsible for everything I do. I understand that circumstances shape my responses and that some choices will not be as good as I would like them to be, but each decision, each choice, is MY responsibility.

It is my mind and my body and I have the power to make the right choices.

So I am not going to go the fridge and have a Breezer. I am not. I am not. I am not. Though it would be funny to see how it reacts with the medication ;)

Points FTD: 24
Sugar Points: 0
Points Left FTW: 69.5
Exercise: Special knee lifts. Arm exercises.
TIAGF: Alternatives

I once read a book about the habits of successful ppl and the common threads were that they always get up when knocked down, see opportunity in everything and know that success breeds success.

Your post is a great reminder that business principles can be applied to all areas of life. It's great how weight loss brings on the want to better ones' self in more than just the body department. Let us know if there are any other pearls in there ;op

Mixing alcohol and medications is always fun.

It's amazing how you can pick up little gems of wisdom everywhere and it's great sometimes to have a focus other than weight (although sometimes it all seems to come back to that).

Breezers? Yummy! But you can be strong. It's so true what you are saying, we have to take responsibility for our own actions. Good post. :)

You are right - it is so easy to blame others or have reasons why we didn't suceed. It's great you have realised this and know the power is your hands.

Who won - you or the Breezer??

So true M. Hope you continue to feel better - and have a great weekend!

You should be a WW leader with powerful posts like this! Brilliant!!!

Very true. It is nice to put a little blame somewhere else sometimes though! Hope your back is OK. have a lovely weekend.

Well said!!! Too many people in today's society look to shift the blame for their lives or circumstances onto others. It's about time people learnt to accept responsibility for their actions and deal with the consequences instead of search for reasons beyond themselves. Have a great weekend.

Such a great frame of mind, even after all the recent hassels you've had. Hope your back continues to improve. Thanks for always being here to inspire me and cheer me up.

Cannot believe your post as it repeats the things I told my mum yesterday. We are responsible for our choices/actions and must accept the responsibility and the consequences of them.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??