« Home | Chilly » | Self-Belief » | Parties » | Too much thinking » | TAG - I'm it » | Balance » | Wee wee wee - all the way home » | Weigh in - 13 » | Alternatives » | Strong »

Weigh in - 14

This journey has been a trek of firsts for me and last week (last night) I clocked up another two. The first is I went over my weekly points, and the second is that I had a bath. A long soaking hot bubble bath in complete darkness. It was wonderful. And if I had just done it a few hours earlier I would not have gone over my points by quite so much. You see, on Friday night I 'happened' to snort up a small packet of McD french fries. Whilst I normally allow extra on a Friday night I had had a couple of bigger days earlier in the week so had to have just a normal day. Therefore I only had 32.5pts for the weekend. Saturday was an ok day. An unexpected visitor put the points only marginally higher for the day than planned but it only left me 14.5 points for Sunday. Mmmmmm. Even I knew that this was not going to happen. What I know now is I should have accepted that I was going to go over and just had a normal day of points, thereby minimising the potential blowout. But I didn't. I tried to stick to 14.5 then as soon as I went over it was like a signal to go hell for leather. Silly twit. So after about 10 (or more) ww cookies I decided to head off for a bath, feeling rather cranky with myself. Once in the bath I made a huge realisation that put me back in a fantastic mood. My belly was fully immersed. Whooo Hoooo. Now that may not seem much to some but for me it is great. Being tall I never quite fit in a bath - it's either feet or knees in - never both at the same time, and before my belly would always stick out. But no more.

The scales this morning posted a gain of 200 gms. I would be lying if I said I was happy with it but I accept that it is not only the points over that have caused this gain. The cycle of gains has always followed the week of TOM. I suppose I should just be thankful that for whatever reason my cycle went completely out of whack and it took 6 weeks to post a gain this time instead of 4 :)

Onwards and forwards.

Points FTD: 32
Sugar Points: 15
Points Left over From Last Week: -17.5
Points Left FTW: 154
Exercise: None (shouldn't complain about the rain, but !!!!). only 4,877 steps

If that's the first time you have been over your points for the week then you are doing brilliantly, gain or no gain! And as disapointing as it is, you will be rid of it in no time! The bath sounds nice and woohooo for immersing your belly - I know just how you feel!

Hooray for the belly that doesn't behave like an iceberg!

Woooooooooohooooooooooo for long soaks in the bath - I was supposed to do that last night but, once again, ran out of time. By 10.30pm I couldn't be bothered and watched the cricket instead !
Sorry about the gain but you know the cycle which is great.
Take care and be good !
Me

Don't worry too much about the points. I am sure all that extra walking will make things OK. Great news about your clean tummy.

About time you went over your points ;-) Just kidding, it's all about balance right LOL. It's so hard to try to stick to your points when you're over. I just try to take each day as a new one because there is no way I could survive below 18 points a day.

WOO HOO for the belly in the bath. It's so funny when you notice things like that. It most certainly makes you realise how successful you have become.

And seriously, you've been doing so great for so long, that a 200g is so minimal. It's nothing really. How about this to put it in perspective. Add up all your losses and divide them by how many weeks you've been doing WW, to get your average weekly loss. It all levels out.

Keep up the great work hon!

hooray for belly not missing out on a bath!!

Yeah to what the others said! 200g is a glass of water, nothing to worry about at all!

I agree as well with the rest - 200 grams is really nothing! I know how frustrating it is though but the thing is you've had your blow out and are back into it again. Look how great you've done! First time going over points - you have done so well!!!

I am hopeless with those WW cookies too.

To have such a small gain after TOM is great I think
To go over your weekly points in all this time is just fantastic

Your an inspiration.

Must have been the weekend for it. The weather doesn't help much. Makes it hard to combat these errors in judgement. That's great news about your Dad!! Take care and use this weekend as a learning curve!! XX

Sorry about the gain, great news about the bath and your tummy.

Can't remember the last time I had a bath. Just don't seem to find the time any more.

Don't you just love Dads. I know I adore mine.

Your gain is just a wee! Don't stress. You are doing so well.

Baths are fantastic, I only get to have them when we stay in a hotel or at someones house who doesn't mind me locking myself in the bathroom for an hour ;-) So it's a treat in itself. I relate your your belly submersed bliss too - the first time I had a bath after I had lost weight I felt like i was a little kid again, there was room to move, turn over etc etc. Much novelty value. Enjoy these little discoveries - there are more to come.

yep, a few minutes on the toilet could have taken care of those 200g you're a star! they will be gone after running a few trees :)

Oh, well done, I can't wait until my belly is under the water! Don't stress about going over your points, I'm amazed this is the first time in 14 weeks. You are doing a fantastic job to stay within them so consistently.

lol, i'm making a habit of going over points lately - you have been such an angel if this is your first time!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??