« Home | Parties » | Too much thinking » | TAG - I'm it » | Balance » | Wee wee wee - all the way home » | Weigh in - 13 » | Alternatives » | Strong » | Thunder and Lightening » | Sir Prawn of Arborio »

Self-Belief

Every day I look at my affirmation cards. They are just little cards, beautifully coloured with an affirmation about trust, love, acceptance, or wealth on them. They make me feel good and help to keep the negative self-talk away and build up my belief in myself. In my abilities and my actions. I believe this has helped me in my weight loss journey in so far as they compliment my moods and assist in thinking and reflecting in a positive way.

I came across this affirmation yesterday and whilst reading it I could actually feel this happening. And it felt really good. I am posting this here so that I have a reminder of what it feels like to think this way. It is almost like having a dream but it being more real than that. This is what I will feel like at goal. I will not be selfconscious. I will not be overbearing. I will not gloat. I will accept and be accepted. For who I am.

"I am walking on the beach, feeling slim and beautiful. I feel people watching me as they notice how lean and strong I am. I feel the warm sand move under my feet as I walk barefoot. The salty ocean air fills my nostrils. I breath deeply, loving the feeling of health and vigor. The waves roll in, their majestic sound enveloping me. I hear children playing and screaming with delight at finding shells or building castles. I am so happy to be alive in this moment and grateful for the new body I have. I feel more confident, healthy, vital, relaxed, and serene. I am at peace with my body and myself."


Points FTD: 30 (small fries McD - 6 wasted points)
Sugar Points: 4
Points Left FTW: 32.5 (going to make the weekend very very tight)
Exercise: Walk to Central. Total of 7269 steps

That is such a wonderful re phrase! reading such positive things must be execellent to banish negative thoughts! Welldone!

That is a great affirmation - I think it is what i need. I do have many times filled with negative thoughts. That is why I have done horribley the last few weeks!

wow, that's such a great affirmation - where did you find it?
i really think i need to get affirmation cards and stick them everywhere to keep me going!

Oh M, you've done it again. Thanks for posting this today and I am really glad I got to read this after writing my post. I am/was feeling a little dissapointed after my weigh in and I'm waiting for Dan to come home from the dentist. Thanks for sharing your continual warm thoughts. I hope you are feeling better also!

Oh, and before I forget. Dan said the strangest thing last night or not so strange. He said something about you being someone he feels that comes round to our place all the time, like all our other friends. I do hope we can all meet one day for a dinner/drinks. We'll have to get Cath and Craig along too!

Have a beautiful weekend gorgeous!

Hey Margaret... we are too funny. You wrote in my diary that your birthday is on the 8th he he he he mine is the 9th... and our wedding anniversaries too he he he he... we are destined to be online buddies he he he.

I love the affirmation..

Chubbymum

Beautiful affirmation! thanks for sharing it.

That is so beautiful MArgaret. Thanks. THat actually sums up how I was feeling last week when I was at the snow with my children. Bythe way when you get to goal it will be OK to just gloat a little.

I love that affirmation. I keep meaning to get some affirmation cards

i do love that, you are so much like my mum sometimes its surprisingly wonderful. it makes my heart warm :)

Thank you for sharing that with us - lots happening here but hopefully will post tomorrow night if I can't catch up with Andrea.
Take care and have a great weekend !
Me

Lovely, thank you for sharing. And I agree about the 6 wasted points from your fries - they're just not worth it, are they?

That is really nice, thanks M :)

Love the affirmation!!

Cheers P
http://paulenesjournaljourney.homestead.com/paulene.html

I believe

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??