« Home | De-cluttering the mind » | Weigh in - 16 » | Job half done :) » | Energised » | Rebound » | Can't do it (that's a good thing) » | Grateful » | Maestro Gastro » | I feel like dancing - whoooo ! » | Weigh in - 15 »

Sign language

Lady at Kindy - we'll call her A

A: Hi there M, you're looking well (imagine beautiful American accent - no I really mean it)
M: Thanks *juggling baby, 2 bags, 3yr old*
A: I mean the weight is really dropping off you
M: Well it's not really dropping ...
A: Why yes it is, your uniform is just hanging off you
M: Yes it is a little big now but..
A: And it has been so quick
M: Well actually it has been 16..
A: What diet are you on, is it Atkins
M: No, I am watching what I eat and eating with WW p...
A: Oh. WW. I tried that. It doesn't work
M: Mmmmmm
A: Yes as soon as I stopped I put all my weight back on
M: Really, look I have to put DS2 in I'm running late for work.
A: Ok, see you later
M: *under breath* idiot

A little later at work

W: *in a low whisper* M are you still into that dieting thing
M: Well, yes I am still watching what I eat
W: Well the wife and I are doing the CSIRO diet and have lost 2 kgs in the last 2 weeks.
M: That's great, you are looking really well, I'm really happy now doing what I am doing.
W: Look, I'll bring the book in for you to have a squiz at tomorrow
M: That's really kind. There's been a lot of press and I'm happy to have a look.
W: You would do so well on this diet
M: I'm not on a diet, just changed a few things, but thanks for thinking of me
W: It would be a great way to kickstart you again.
M: *laughs* I don't think I need kickstarting, am very happy with the way things are going
W: But they would go so much better on the CSIRO diet
M: *through clenched teeth* Look I really have to get back to work *reaches for non-existant ringing telephone*
W: No worries. I'll remember to bring the book in for you tomorrow *walks off*
M: Idiot!

What is is with people today. Do I have a sign on my head that says "Hello - please insult my intelligence because you obviously think something is wrong with what I am doing" LOL I should stop taking myself so seriously. What their conversations really meant (translated for the tact inept)

A: Gee M you are looking so well. Congratulations on all your hard work. Keep going. I wish I had your energy and your skin is looking so good at the moment. OK, see you later.

and

W: Gee M I wish I could stick at something for a period of time without getting really bored and having to try all the new fads that come along. Keep going because you are looking really well and you obviously have found something that works with your lifestyle.

Idiots ;)

Points FTD: 22
Sugar Points: 4
Points Left FTW: 110
Exercise: Walk to Central - Done. 30 minute rebounder - Done . Total steps - 10,536
TIAGF: The kindness of my cyber friends who are never shy about telling me how well I am doing and are not so threatened that they continue to support me in my journey

LOL, idiots!!

such a cute post. IDIOTS indeed!!!!

*nods* what they said.

You are right - THEY ARE IDIOTS !! Isn't it funny how some people just don't get it - if you aren't doing what they think is right - well it just has to be the wrong thing to do !!!!! Good on you for not saying anything to them - I don't think I would have whispered "idiots" - I am sure I would have said it so they could hear it !
Take care and have a great day tomorrow.
Me

What a bunch of threatened people. I would have been there giving you a great big hug and congratulating you!

Well done on your steps and your great attitude

Have a great day tomorrow

You can never escape them but you can sure ignore them! This is a classic example of someone's comments being about themselves. Keep up the great work M! You are a champion.

Idiots who are threatened by the success of others. And you are indeed a success.

You aer so right - there are quite a few of these idiots out there! I know I've had similar conversations with people! One person told me I was "lucky" because I could lose weight?

GRRR!! Some people!!!
I had 2 similar things at work the other day (not really weight loss related). I was talking about how Joseph joined WW with me last time, and one of the ladies at work said "Oh is your husband very fat too?".
The next one - a nurse and I at work have been moaning about how thin our hair is, and she said to me "You know Kate, I always worry about my hair, but as soon as I see yours I feel so much better about mine."
OMG?!! What is up with people?!!
Lol.
You are doing great - you know it, we know it - and i think sometimes people get a bit jealous.

yes they are envious idiots too by the sounds of things

..lol, I love reading your posts!!
It's great that you don't get upset...instead just laugh..

IDIOTS PLUS!! BTW the girl at work is doing the CSIRO diet and it really has many of the WW principles in it. A few good recipes but nothing extraordinary in its weight loss principles. In other words nothing new. Why would those IDIOTS criticise or suggest alternatives when you are being so successful?? Hard to fathom. Love that you said you weren't on a diet. You will sure show them when you keep shrinking and keep being content about what you are doing.

Amazing!! This is just the thing I've been faced with over the last week. Truely they should put a course on where attendance is compulsary in "TACT - how to develop and use it"!! LOL

I know exactly what you mean, Idiots, there is this lady at work she is 40 and about a size 10 and eats all day long. it drives me mad she keeps saying to me that you need to eat more your not eating enough and she thinks its a joke to offer me chocolate and chips, and when i say no she says oh you can eat some it will be fine
IDIOTS

How infuriating! My MIL sometimes annoys me by saying "How's the diet?" And I reply by saying: "It isn't a diet, but a way of life" Bless her! ; ) However, I got really naffed off when I heard that my SIL (such a skinny woman) said that I was fanatical... don't get me started!

What is it w people?!! A lady at work discretely asked another lady if she had put on a bit of weight (who asks that?!!). On being told she had it was followed up with "Oh, I thought so, I just didn't want to ask." Obviously.

I look at people and think "Wow, you've done X really quickly.." but then think that I'm sure that element of their life dragged for them, just as weight loss does for me.

LOL - idiots alright!!they start the conversation so well then let themselves down - at least u know u r doing things the healthy way!!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??