« Home | Energised » | Rebound » | Can't do it (that's a good thing) » | Grateful » | Maestro Gastro » | I feel like dancing - whoooo ! » | Weigh in - 15 » | Marguerita » | Step to it » | Predictable Virgin »

Job half done :)

Wow. I don't think we have ever put so much rubbish out for collection. We are not supposed to put it out till tonight but DH, in his infinite wisdom, knows after a visit to a corporate box watching the footy he will be in no state to put it out safely, so put it all out last night. Clever boy. I was hoping the silly garden gnome carrying an oversized carrot ??? would have disappeared but seems no-one else has taste either. The rubbish has mainly come from under the house where there is a largish area that has gathered stuff from the previous owner. When they sold to the current owner (we just rent from both of them *sigh*) they said we could keep whatever we wanted and could turf the rest. Well it's just a shame we didn't need 23 tins of dried out multi-coloured tins of paint, or a fancy garden gnome, or curtains adorned with brightly but incorrectly coloured farmyard animals. It was more a shame that we didn't need a broken ladder, a paint roller sans the roller, or a box of baby shit yellow tiles. Such a shame. But more than made up for it scoring the cubby house. On close inspection will be an absolute doddle to dismantle and put on the lawn. On another day. LOL.

Now that there is room for us to store our 'heirlooms' I will get to the job at hand of sorting through the study. After our morning walk, and swimming lessons of course. I am hoping both DS's will do me the honour of sleeping simultaneously so that I can stand back tonight and look about me in awe. Awe that I actually did what I said I was going to do. Awe that I completed it. Awe that I can now bounce, bounce, bounce away. Ah, I love my life. :)

Points FTD: 20.5 (made the beef bourg-thingy from Contented Tummy Cookbook - Yummo)
Sugar Points: 2
Points Left FTW: 18
Exercise: None. Total 10,259 steps

Wow, well done M :) It is amazing what people leave behind when they move out. Great score on the cubbyhouse though.

There must be a very early spring-cleaning bug going around :)

Great going Margaret. Sounds as if you've had a busy dary! Great to know you have achieved what you started out to do! Wish I had some of your get up and go!

After hearing about your spring cleaning I finally cleaned my computer desk ( and area) - It feels so good being organised:)

LOL they left that much crap behind? Must admit I do have a thing for garden gnomes...as long as they are in someone elses garden.

Well done, you did well - feels good to clean up and out doesn't it.

lol, sounds like a lot of crap was left behind alright!! At least u got one good score from it!! you are sooo organised girl!! Well done!!

Great to have a clean out. The curtains sound lovely! The tiles would have matched the calf shit coloured carpet that was in this house when we bought it!

All i have to say today is that you rock! (As always!) :-)

all that was under the house? It's amazing to see what people shove under there!

hurrah for bouncing!! i wish you many happy bouncy hours... a Dutchie with a garden gnome, why doesnt that surprise me? tis something of a phenomenon indeed :)

Can we please have the recipe for beef bourg thing...thanks!!

Isn't it such a great feeling - accomplishing tasks that you have set yourself but have been putting off doing ! Well done. Have a great week and take care !
Me

Whew, what a weekend!

Mission accomplished! Good going M! Looking forward to seeing the pics of your bounce-a-ma-thingy. (try and get DH to take a couple of 'action shots'...)

Have a great week and thanks for your comment via email, good to know I'm not alone in my quest for ultimate cleanliness - at least when there are visitors around!

I can just see you *bounce bounce bounce* :-)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??