« Home | Maestro Gastro » | I feel like dancing - whoooo ! » | Weigh in - 15 » | Marguerita » | Step to it » | Predictable Virgin » | Virgo - Zodiac Booklet » | Seek and ye shall find » | Curve Balls » | Was I ever? »

Grateful

In a recent ww magazine, and the slimming magazine, it has been reported that 70% of all people who keep a journal whilst losing weight will keep their weight off. If you list one thing you are grateful for, each day, your chance of keeping to your goal increases. This is because the act of listing something positive increases your own positivity towards yourself and thereby helps in motivation and maintaining of loss. As my last post was a bit off-putting I wanted to have a post today that was a bit more positive. So I shall list some of the things I am grateful for today.

I am grateful that:
  1. I live in a country where access to modern medicine means having gastro is not life threatening;
  2. I am able to take time off work to look after my children or myself without the threat of losing my job;
  3. My DH is thoughtful enough to stay at home today to take care of DS2, so that I could take care of myself;
  4. I can afford to have the washing machine, dryer and heater going all at once today so that at some stage I will have clean, dry clothes that fit me, and not freeze in the process of waiting for them (and btw - this is because DS2 keeps vomitting on me - not the other stuff);
  5. I have a support network that makes me feel warm and fuzzy when I really feel a little less than human;

These are the things I am grateful for today. There are many more things in general but I shall keep them for another day.

In countries like australia & NZ there is so much to be grateful for huh?! LOL at the earlier post, poor lil guy!

You know this is the very secret of happiness Margaret. Life will never stop throwing peculiar goodies in our plates. But even then, if you are able to list just an ickle thing that makes you grateful, then you will be in a better psychological state to deal with the crisis!

I am really admiring your outlook and am really proud of your accomplishment!!!

I like the I am grateful idea. I have seen it before but haven't done it myself. I might start from tomorrow... THANKS!!
Chubbymum

Good on you - funny thing is, we must be "psycho" today, because I just did the same thing on my blog! It really helps to make us realised how blessed we are... and we really are... Hope it makes you feel better.

Good on you - it is quite humbling once you start to think of the many many things you have to be grateful for! I don't envy you re: gastro - as you know we have just had 2 bouts of that in this household (although strangely i was spared both!). Hope things are better in the morning!

I can't stop "ooohhing" about the gastro...and now your are grateful ;-) I think it is very important to realise how fortunate we are, so we do not become complacent.

I'd be grateful for #4. I have to go to the laundrymatt atm... not a fun way to spend sunday arvo.

Yes we are so lucky. Hope you are both much better.

I like the idea of listing what we are grateful about. Really makes you think! Also once again hope you all soon get better!

LOL @ No. 4...

Hope you're feeling much better now.

Love that idea, what a great way to end even a bad day :)

Hope you're feeling better.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??