« Home | Grateful » | Maestro Gastro » | I feel like dancing - whoooo ! » | Weigh in - 15 » | Marguerita » | Step to it » | Predictable Virgin » | Virgo - Zodiac Booklet » | Seek and ye shall find » | Curve Balls »

Can't do it (that's a good thing)

If it were not for ww I would shudder to think what I would have eaten over the last week. And especially today. Little DS2 took a turn for the worse this morning and there is nothing as horrifying as seeing a little active terror turn into a rag doll that responds to nothing and falls asleep as if passing out. After a visit to the Dr I am informed that DS2 is in no danger but has a combination of things that has culminated in his lack of energy. Thank God for that.

And thank goodness that I have learnt something over the period of my journey because I am sure without it I would have driven straight into the drive through and loaded up a number of times this week. But I just can't. No matter how tough it is at the moment there is something inside me that says "it is not worth it". So after settling DS2 in bed I have had a manderin, yoghurt, some nuts and will go and boil a couple of eggs when I am finished here. I am proud of the fact that I have not let food be my emotional crutch.

Now, onto the winter walking challenge. There are 13,459 steps to go till my next checkpoint. When I reach each checkpoint I am sent an email inviting me to guess "what is in Kate's bum bag". Then they respond with a cold, warm, hot etc. I am getting pretty close to my guesses and need to reach the checkpoint to get my next email. I love little mind games like this. Makes the exercising even more fun. Currently my average is 8,909. I am expecting something in the mail today that hopefully will give me the incentive to move my butt and get those steps up to the average of 10,000 a day so that I reach the target of 560,000. I will keep a look out.

Points FTD: 20
Sugar Points: 2
Points Left FTW: 91.5
Exercise: Total of 2,765 steps (not bad for a person who spent half a day on the loo - ewwwww ;))

Hey there Gastro, better out than in! So sorry to hear that DS2 took a turn for the worse but thank goodness for going to the doctor. And WELL DONE on your eating! I am super impressed that you have battled through it without eating badly. It really isn't worth it (and I know only too well after my weekend!). Emotional eating is a very bad habit and hard to break but you've done it!

I want to know what's in Kate's bumbag too, even though I am not doing the challenge. I wish I did now because I keep hearing about it from you girls. It's inspiring!

Hope that you're feeling better today :-)

So do they give you clues as to what's in the bum bag?

So glad that DS2 is okay.

And yay for not doing the emotional eating thing. You have an amazing sense of self control!!

Have a great day.

not giving into the lure of emotional eating is a pretty amazing accomplishment

Poor little guy, it is so scary when they become lethargic from illness.

You poor thing! That sounds really scary about your wee son. There is nothing scarier than that split second when you think you might lose them - even if rationality takes over, it's still bloody scary.
You should definitely be proud of yourself for resisting the 'easy' path this week. Well done!
Hope you all continue to get better!!

Hi Margaret
Wow I have just read your whole journal up to today and what an inspiration and truly positive person you are!!!!!
Congrats on your wholly deserved losses so far, you truly are amazing.

Poor DS2. There's nothing like a sick child to reduce you to a pathetic mess. But you've done so well to keep your eating on track!

You truly are amazing, and your positive attitude despite everything going on is inspirational. Take care :)

You've done really well with keeping your eating under control under the circumstances! We had to rush our little grandson to the doctors and it freaked me out. Does give you such a fright.

Good on you. It's amazing you know, we have a KFC up the road from us and there are always at least 5 cars in line at the drive through and no one at the counter. We actually went to Red Roosters and Jamie made the comment that he think's they have forgotten how to serve a counter and not a window LOL. Egg sandwiches are yummier anyway. Thank so much for being such a supportive person. I actually find myself waiting for your comments on my posts. They alway seem to motivate me. Funny how someone you have never met can end up having such a great influence on another person. Thank you again. Take care of yourself and DS2. Hope everything returns to normal soon. XX

hope everything is going well, I like the idea of writing something we are thankful for - will have to try that!

Oh M that must have been so awful with him getting worse. Glad to hear he is on the mend. You are a legend for not rushing to get take out food. You have really educated your mind as well as your body. I meant to reply about the walking challenge but to be honest have been too busy to read the clues and think about it. I will tackle them tonight.

Gee - I'm always a few days behind on your posts M! Sorry to here your little one is sick, hope you are both feeling better real soon.

I admire your ww stamina, even when things go topsy turvy you are still there tracking and counting steps.

Good luck with the rest of your week and hope the health clears up so you can get on top of your walking ta;y and let us all know whats in this bloody bumbag!!

aww M, i really hope your little one gets better soon... sending positive healthy vibes and hoping hes better a.s.a.p. and woman good for you, emotional eating is something most of us struggle with so not turning to it deserves a big bravo! you are overcoming more than just weight, its all about the emotional stuff too :) *hugs*

It is scary when your kids go limp like that aye. I have had it with my oldest son when he was 2 and it just scared the hell out of me. You feel powerless.

Margaret, you are so inspiring. Faced with that and you made the right food choices. Like CM said, it is scary when that happens to kids. Last year my parents were in New Zealand and I'd gone home for a few days to look after my brothers. The youngest one (just five at the time) had PSP at the time and took a huge turn for the worse, eventually being rushed to hospital. He's only a little thing and he was so weak and apathetic and couldn't even sit up on his own - I was carrying him on the front of me and he couldn't even cling on with his arms he was that weak. My parents flew home as soon as they could and by the next night he had improved 150%. Kids are resilient and bounce back quickly and no doubt your DS2 will be himself again in no time. Look after yourself and I hope you feel better again soon too. :)

So osrry to hear DS 2 took a turn for the worse - hope he is well on the way to recovery by the time you read this.
Good on you for making those changes it your life - I know EXACTLY how you are feeling having been through the same sort of thing last week - I know how proud I felt when I realised that I hadn't given in to the bad food choices.
Good luck for getting those steps in !
Take care and be good special friend !
Me

Sorry little DS2 is not better. It is so scary when they are sick, especially when they are usually so active. Hope he is soon much better.
You are doing so well with your eating and your steps!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??