« Home | Marguerita » | Step to it » | Predictable Virgin » | Virgo - Zodiac Booklet » | Seek and ye shall find » | Curve Balls » | Was I ever? » | Weigh in - 14 » | Chilly » | Self-Belief »

Weigh in - 15

This weeks weigh in has shown the scale staying right where it was last Monday morning. Whilst I only went over 4pts for the week and involved myself in some form of exercise each day, I think my body is sending a message to me that that is no longer good enough. It knows what exercise I was doing, and now that I am doing less it is telling me that I better pull my socks up and get to it. I need to push through some of my perceived limitations.

A friend at work kindly lent me her week 1 - 12 booklets for the weekend (thanks KD) and I have been scouring them and reading the menus to get ideas on how to balance my food groups better and I came up with a startling realisation. I was having brilliant breakfasts, lunches, and dinners but all so low pointed that I would need to snack quite heavily during the day to make up my points. Now at work, I am not going to get up and make another full meal at snack time so I was eating cookies, crisp bars, fruit bars (as well as fruit) - all delicious and low points but all very high in sugar. What I need to do is have larger main meals and still allow a few points for snacks but not so many. I am a little afraid that I will still be quite hungry at my normal snack times as the body is used to receiving something at this time, but I will fight through it as I am sure it will only take 2-3 days for the signals to change. I have started my plan with an omelette with cruskits this morning. Delicious. And I have covered off protein, dairy, grains & a vegetable. I am at home today (little DS2 is sick - poor bugger) so the experience will be different than when I am at work - as I have no stash of snacks here - but it will be good as I can have hot meals all day.

Points FTD: 21
Sugar Points: 2
Points Left over From Last Week: - 4
Points Left FTW: 154
Exercise: Huge walk around Balmoral. 10,126 steps

I know that our bodies do get used to what we are doing and good on you for recognising this and revising what you are going to do. Your stepping is going really well. I'm sure the scales will be showing a loss next week! Also hope that your son is soon better.

I'm sure if you shake things up a bit then you will start to lose again - and hey - the scales didn't go up so that's got to be a good thing!!
Hope your wee boy is feeling better soon - it's awful when they are sick, isn't it?
I think this week soup and salad will be your friends - if you can eat them everyday, they use up very little points but they are filling. That's my plan this week any way! :-)
Oh - and you have lost so much weight quite quickly - maybe your body is just having a bit of a rest before it launches off again. :-)

Sorry your little boy is not well. Hope he is soon better.
I can't really work out this no weight loss with all those steps though! It has to start showing on the scales eventually I'm sure.

Hi M! Thanks for your comment this morning. I can't give up on them coz I love them too much..catch 22 hey.

And well done for maintaining! Don't freak out too much because your body WILL need new stimulation from now on because it doesn't have to work as hard, especially now that you are lighter.

I hear you about the snacking! Thanks for making me think about this a little closely too now.

I hope your little fella gets well soon and good luck with your first day of changing your snacking habits!

Love ya work sista :-)

Happy dieting.

Hope DS2 is better soon. I agree about the low point meals though - more points at meal times and fewer snacks has worked well for me.

Hi M

I know what you mean about snacks, I snack all day when I'm at work. Every main meal I have is low fat, with lots of vegies but I find myself snacking on nuts, fruits and WW bikkies and bars a lot when I'm at work. The snacking is under control at home, though.
Hope little DS2 gets well soon!
:) Sarah

True that our bodies get into our routine. That's why you have to scare them once in a while to make them appreciate what we normally do, like my arse today. LOL!! Hope DS2 is feeling better soon. XX

Love today's affirmation :) I have the same problem with main meals and snacks, there is only so much you can eat in a main meal, and not eating a lot of meat I find it hard to make up the points. Hope DS2 gets better soon.

Hey Margaret. It sounds like you have your head screwed on right about what to do! One idea perhaps is to turn some of your snack times into meal times. I normally divide my points (20) up into five different meals and while that varies a little, it means that I don't snack per se but have something proper to eat which keeps me full until the next meal. Even things like peanut butter and cheese on toast I count as one of my 'meals'. Perhaps you could do four such meals a day or something, it might help. Just an idea!

I hope your son gets better and that the rest of your day goes well. :)

Hope your son is feeling better - I find that looking at old booklets, I find things I missed the time before

Good on you for being sensible and revising your eating, I am sure you will lose next week. I ahve a sickie hoem today too but of course mine is much older and less dependent on me. we are doing well with our stepping aren't we? It is amazing how easily it adds up when you keep track.

what a great idea to review your eating, I should probably do that! hope ds2 is better son! & i love your affirmation of the day :)

see it always helps to pay attention so we arent left in the dark going what the hell is going on here? bodies are crazy frustrating things, it does help to be paying attention ;) hope your little one gets better soon!

I totally agree on the snacking points etc, I have deffinately fallen into the same category, and you really made sense of it!!
Hope DS2 feels better soon..

i completely agree with the "heavier" meals and lighter snacks. hope DS2 gets better quickly! :o)

Snacking is my big porblem too!! Often the meals I create are healthy and low point but then I splurg on the snacks because I can!! I have started to be a little more adventerous (sp!) with my main meals. and try to stick with a yoghurt or vegie sticks for snacks - its working for me so far!! Oh BTW, my boyfriend puts his pedometer on his undies - he did it out of embarrasment (didn't want everyone asking about it etc) but it was able to register all his steps :-)

Hey again M,
Have just been reading up on your latest posts - always interesting. You should write a column...

Aaaanyway, chin-up on the weigh-in thing, our bodies are strange things. I think I lose in 2 week cycles, recording a significant loss every 2 weeks, and potentially a gain, stay the same, or pathetic loss in between. We are all different.

On the snacking front, I think any change in eating habits will result in a change as your body learns to respond to the new routine. I also eat between meals but tend ot snack on things like tomato and vegemite on toast, or crumpets with diet jam, which a lower in sugar but substantial enough to give you a boost till lunch or dinner time.

Hope this helps. Have a great week M!

hope the little guy is feeling better (I am a bit behind on your entries...but getting there)

I had an omelette today too =) I find eating that bit more protein makes me feel better for longer and i don't need to snack on as many of those high sugar things like the cookies ..... it's working so far

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??