« Home | Curve Balls » | Was I ever? » | Weigh in - 14 » | Chilly » | Self-Belief » | Parties » | Too much thinking » | TAG - I'm it » | Balance » | Wee wee wee - all the way home »

Seek and ye shall find

After the disappointment of the gym closing waned the search was on for a replacement. And boy did we find a replacement. There is a gym about 5 minutes walk from work, that is part of a private club. We have negotiated a discount on the once only joining fee (down from $123 - $73) and this will include an assessment, program, follow up etc. Then the fees can be taken out weekly or fortnightly in advance for $10.75 per week. My goodness. That's only 75 cents more than I am paying now. They don't have classes as such, but I will talk to the lovely gym guy that I currently have (who will be out of a job soon) and get him to call them and see what he can set up, but they have a 17m pool, squash courts, a boxing room, a huge cardio room with heaps of machines, a decent shower room, and after talking to the staff have found that it is a really quiet gym so there should never be a problem using what I want. How good is that. DH has now agreed to drop the boys off twice a week so that I can come in early to use the pool before work. One of the other girls and I are going to book the squash court once per week (not that I can play but it will be good for a run and a laugh) and the other two days a week I'll work the machines. I am so excited. Can you tell ;)

Points FTD: 24
Sugar Points: 10
Points Left FTW: 90.5
Exercise: 20 min treadmill (incl 2 x 20 second jogs!). Walk to Central. Total of 7,753 steps.

That's fantastic! Sounds like the new gym will be great fun! Good on you for getting it all organised and not letting the closure of the other gym hinder you. :-)

Can I add my list of cliches to your great title? When one door closes another one opens. If you are lost in the dark, light a candle. Blah, blah, blah. AND you get rid of that bitchy instructor you didn't like....

Oooh, that sounds like such a fantastic gym! And that's a great discount you guys are getting too. That's so cool that you'll be playing (or attempting ;)) squash and congrats on your two jogging intervals!

Yaaaaay for cool new gym! The pool and courts are a great bonus :-)

The gym sounds just great. Really reasonable price as well! Enjoy the pool. Have a good day!

That's great. Probably end up better than your old gym. DH is a good lad for helping out in the mornings with the boys.

WOW, that is great M! You are certainly not one to mope around :-) Sounds like a bargain too. DH's support is awesome. LOL isn't squash where you smash the bejesus out of the ball at a wall, in a small room? Have fun!

A gym THAT cheap in the city?! That's amazing!
You're so lucky that DH is willing to help you out where he can :)

Awesome alternative.....see it was meant to be :)

Cheers P

Good luck with the new gym - I played squash years ago, it's great fun with lots of running around!

Hi Margaret. I found your site via Michelle and Briony (I think) and I love reading your blog. I have bookmarked it as one of my favourite and look forward to reading about your journey. I reached goal about 3 months ago and I assure you that it is worth every ounce of effort that you put into it. And you certainly are putting effort into it! You are an inspiration - it is through reading about your experiences and the experiences of others that I am able to stay motivated... well, sometimes anyway *says she who just ate a big slice of cream cake!* Thanks heaps and good luck with the new gym! Sounds like fate stepped in with that one.

Lol - was just eating my dinner and I suddenly thought of you, and thought, I forgot to say well done for your 2 x 20 second jogs!! Great stuff! :-)

new gym sounds great! pool & squash court - lucky thing!

that gym sounds great!! you lucky girl :)

I love going to the squash court with Jamie but not to play squash - we play racquet ball. The racquets and balls for squash are too small and a little fast for me!! LOL!! I find racquet ball a little easier for me at the moment. Hopefully I'll get to squash one day!! XX

yay for the new gym, it sounds great.

The gym sounds awesome M. And it has a pool! I'm jealous ;)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??