« Home | Was I ever? » | Weigh in - 14 » | Chilly » | Self-Belief » | Parties » | Too much thinking » | TAG - I'm it » | Balance » | Wee wee wee - all the way home » | Weigh in - 13 »

Curve Balls

I learned 3 things yesterday

1) Corn kernels are not zero (0) points. Corn on the cob is 0. Corn off the cob is not. Therefore corn soup made with corn on the cob that you have to de-kernel yourself and risk slicing your fingers off is 0 and corn soup made with frozen kernels because you thought you would be smart and save lots of time is not 0. Bugger.

2) DH is copying all our CD's to our PC as a surprise to me. I have decided I want an MP3 player for my birthday. As it is some time away DH thought he would start loading up the library so that on my birthday, when I get my player, I would be able to start loading straight away. This includes the entire 30 day Anthony Robbins program. Nice.

3) The gym in my building is closing. Just as I was really getting into it and the weather is turning nasty at lunch times, so a treadmill walk is better than no walk, they are closing it. With 2 weeks notice. Bugger.

Every day in my life I am going to be faced with curve balls. Some small (corn kernels not being zero), some medium (gym closing) and some huge (illness etc). It is not these curve balls that are going to make me get off track and return to a more unhealthy lifestyle, it is my reaction to these that will decide it. I get that now. It is up to me to react to every curve ball I get and ensure that I stay on the path I choose.

So I am going to find another zero point soup. I have a stash of low point soups but I really would like a zero for those cold evenings when I want to eat something extra. And I am going to have a look at how much it costs to hire a treadmill for the rest of winter. I am sure I could get one close to my current membership price of $10 per week. I will miss the circuit class but it is not the end of the world. That being said, I will be at the gym every single day till it closes to get every last possible use out of it ;)

P.S. Happy 24th Birthday Vix .

Points FTD: 21
Sugar Points: 8
Points Left FTW: 114.5
Exercise: 45 min abs & circuit class. Walk to Central. Total of 12,233 steps.

Anthony Robbins hey, haha. My other Dutch friend nearly got a job with him. Too funny.

Damn about the gym closing. Is there another one nearby worth going too? Let us know how you go with hiring a treadmill? I wanted to do this earlier but then decided on the bike, if I ever get it ;-)

Thanks for highlighting the fact that it's our reactions to things that make or break us. So true!

Have a great day hon!

Great post Margaret! Also you have outstepped me with the walking - great going!!

Who is Anthony Robbins??

I actually had corn on the cob with my tea last night!

Buy a mini tramp - cheap and fun:)

Drat about the gym :(

I personally can't understand why corn off the cob has points, yet on the cob it doesn't, at least, not with frozen corn kernals. I can with tinned corn, but what on earth is the difference with the frozen corn?

Hope you find some yummy recipes, and if you do, can you share? I love soup in winter.

How rude to shut the gym! MP3 player will be great.

I love my mp3 player.

Who is anthony robbins?

I thought corn kernals were 0 too!

How many points are corn kernals?? I thought they were Zero, too - whoops!! Well done you on staying focussed when curve-balls come your way. I only wish I was the same... of late I've been totally unfocussed and eating the wrong things...

Surely frozen corn kernels can't be more than half a point or something?
That's so annoying about the gym closing!!
Thanks for your encouraging comments lately too - I really appreciate it!

I don't get it! If it's a surprise, how do you know he's doing it?

The cd's sound great - maybe too pricy for me though - lucky you didn't have to pay for them!!

Very good point Sue. It was supposed to be a surprise, but when I went into the study and asked him why he was loading Kylie onto the PC it all came out. Either that or he is a closet Kylie fan and doesn't want to tell me. LOL. It is still a very nice thing for him to do. :)

corn on the cob is 0?? damn ive been counting it as 2pts per cob lol great post M. life is just full of curveballs, you're right :)

I so don't get how there can be a pts different between corn on the cob & frozen corn! seems silly to me!! Shame about your gym closing!!!
Pumpkin soup is great pt free soup - but its a pain in the butt to cut up pumpkin!!!

Damn it, I would count it as no points still!!! Seriously!

Great attitude to curveballs, you rock!

Love your posts. I agree with Kt Pumpkin soup is yummo trouble is I want to have bread and butter with it!!
What a downer about your gym....

SOUP! that's soooooo smart! goodness! i've been wondering why things were so much easier last year! soup and a sandwich!!!!! oh i love you woman!!!!! :o*

Ok a couple of things.....
firstly the corn....
A leader once told me that you eat so much less when it's corn on the cob so therefore 0 points...but still I think it should be the same regardless...corn is corn is corn!!
Personally I only like fresh corn on the cob and can't stand the bland frozen cob type but each to their own :)
As for the treadmill...the computerised one I just returned was $100 a month or 3 months for $200 so perhaps a little dearer then you'd hoped.
As for the soup. WW week 1 booklet has a points free Vegie soup and a points free Gazpacho (cold soup) recipe also.
Happy to type them out for you if you don't already have them so let me know??

Cheers P

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??