« Home | Munchie Madness » | What's red, white & black all over? » | Sign language » | De-cluttering the mind » | Weigh in - 16 » | Job half done :) » | Energised » | Rebound » | Can't do it (that's a good thing) » | Grateful »

Pox Update

Today my eating has been both horrendously bad, and suprisingly good. Except for dinner my choices were very dodgy but I only ate twice so points actually quite low. How bizzare. Anyway, the kind Doctor has rung to inform me the results of the blood tests taken have showed that I do not in fact have measles (Yaaaa for the fact that I can't pass the contagious pox onto the boys) but I have actually got a viral infection in the Glandular Fever family. (Not so yaaaaa) I don't have the full GF strain but some really long named side strain whose name I cannot remember but goes by the initials VFV. So I am not contagious but I have to take it easy for the next few days as my body is fighting the virus and I am possibly more likely to pick up anything else going around. So *sigh* I get to have another day off work. So very happy that I am only partially poxy. LOL. Itchiness is going down and feeling pretty good. A bit tired but that could be from the extremely difficult manoevres of putting together an IKEA flat pack product. It went something like this:

Unpack box
Check that everything on the list was in the box
Begin assembly by pushing the little dowels in the holes
Put together appropriate pieces
Push together appropriate pieces
Screw appropriate pieces together
Find that the holes for the screws and a few dowels don't line up
Look at diagram
Try again
Look at diagram
Try again
Throw a hissy fit
Get drill
Start drilling extra holes because IKEA obviously messed up
Drill battery goes flat
Charge drill battery whilst putting spare battery in
Start drilling holes
Battery goes flat
Throw battery on the floor
Look at pieces
Turn head
Wonders what would happen if I just changed the pieces like this
Oh
The holes were right
I am a dickhead

Both the boys rooms look fantastic now. The electrician is coming tomorrow to fix up the wiring so when there is light in the rooms I shall take photos and show you my handiwork. As it took me 1.5 hrs to put together the first one and about 40 minutes to put together the second one I deserve to put up some evidence!! And my poor thumb is bruised from turning the allen key so many times. *kisses thumb better*

So thank you all for your wonderful sympathy for my disease riddled self. But don't listen to Mary, your blogs are safe, well I'm not contagious anyway ;)

Glad you aren't really poxy!! Although do make sure you take it easy, as well all know you don't get much rest with your boys running around! :-) Their rooms sound cool - what a clever Mum! Have a great day xx

Hehehe - aren't you just the construction queen! Do, please, take it easy and look after yourself.

LOL, you know I just like you lots.

Your routine is sure getting a workout. Please make sure you rest M because you don't want the strain to become something worse. Any strain of GF is a sign to take it easy for a while. Rest and get better!

And IKEA assemblies are not going to help you relax and I know, you're a Virgo too. You'll keep pushing until you've done whatever it is. But this week, pretend you're another star sign.

Looking forward to seeing some pics when you've got some lights in the rooms :-)

o.m.g.! you had the measles? (well, actually, you do not, but you understand what i mean)
*gasp*. where have i been!

glad to hear you're well. and remind me, if i can't install some piece of furniture, i have to give you a shout! ;op

(those people from the other day: jealousy. since they can't do what you do, they have to subconsciously try to bring you down so they feel less like changes are not happening to them because of what THEY aren't doing... tsssk tsk tsk...)

OH I so relate to that. Once spent 2 days building a corner desk unit for my son. They don't write simple instructions do they? Be careful with th evirus. My 2 sons both had the sam ething. Just stay away from all germs!!! Enjoy your day off.

lol as frustrating as that process was for you it sure as hell was hilarious to read :) glad to hear you arent contagious!! HUGS are safe lol

so glad to hear you don't have full blown GF! make sure you take care of yourself over the next few days!
LOL - i have to laugh at putting together the kitsets, but hey, you got there in the end & thats all that matters :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??