« Home | What's red, white & black all over? » | Sign language » | De-cluttering the mind » | Weigh in - 16 » | Job half done :) » | Energised » | Rebound » | Can't do it (that's a good thing) » | Grateful » | Maestro Gastro »

Munchie Madness

Last night I had to fight the munchies. I didn't feel like cooking. I didn't feel like any of the frozen 'munchie avoiders' I had in the freezer. I didn't feel like anything. Except for anything that appeared in an advertisement on the TV. I went from craving KFC, to wanting McD to almost hyperventilating over the thought of pizza. It was crazy. I couldn't go out myself but I aired my thoughts to DH whom I was hoping would say "I'll cook dinner" but he jumped at the chance to get something we normally would not. But I was restrained and listened to my body and stopped when I felt full. Which meant I didn't eat a lot but what I ate was heavy in points so went over for the day. Not too much though. Not unrecoverable.

I am still home today with the lovely red hue softening slightly to a dark pink. I am still itchy but during the day it doesn't seem to be too bad. Night time trying to sleep however was an entirely different matter and I needed to take something to help me with that. I am lucky that due to the fact that I had measles as a child I seem to have only inherited the rash this time and none of the 'sickness' that normally comes with the measles. So I feel great - just itchy. Which allows me to get into things at home. I have just returned from IKEA (went early to avoid as many people as possible) where I picked up two tub storage units, one for each of the boys rooms and I am about to put my skills to the test putting them together. Hopefully the bright colours and fun stickers I will put all over them will encourage Master 3 yr old to put away his toys after playing with them. Not sure how likely that is but it sounds pretty good to me.

Wishing everyone in blogworld a happy, safe, itch-free day :)

Points FTD: 26.5
Sugar Points: 4
Points Left FTW: 83.5
Exercise: None. Total steps - 4,651
TIAGF: Bi-carb soda

Wow, how good is it that you don't feel sick as well! I know that the itching would drive me mad, but I would probably agree to a contagious rash for a few days just to have some time off work!

Did you end up with pizza or burgers? Sounds like you deserved it, whatever it was!

You had to get that takeout. It was a medical emergency. Hyper-ventilating could have become serious. Good control on not overeating. Hope you feel less itchy today and have fun doing your storage building.

Good that you stopped when feeling full. Please that you don't actually feel sick despite the rash!

Glad that you aren't feeling sick - the itches are bad enough !!! Good luck with getting toys into boxes - I know what a nightmare that can be at times. Take care and be good !
Me

So what did ya eat, what did ya eat *bounce bounce*? Good to hear the itching is not too bad and you've escaped the sickness, woo hoo! And how about that, IKEA huh...one of my favourite haunts :-) Sounds like you are having a good day.

Oh my goodness... haven't been able to check blogs recently and I come back to find you and Michelle in the wars in a major way! You poor thing - it must be uncomfortable for you. Hopefully you get over it soon.

Don't feel too bad about the munchies. I think that when you're sick all the energy that you would normally put into having willpower is commandeered by your body, who needs it to make you feel better. So it's not really your fault that you had take-away. He he he.

You poor thing..hope you are feeling better - at least you had time to read blogs..lol

Ohh you poor thing - itchy itchy scratchy scratchy. Phenergan can be good for the itches - we used to use it on the dermatology ward a lot - but it can make you sleepy.
Good on you for not going overboard when you had the munchies. It's not always easy to stop!!

Hope you're feeling better soon. Good luck with the Ikea put togethers. I love that store too, I visited the Stokholm Ikea when I was living in Sweden. It was fabulous, but the Swedes aren't as keen on it as us, over there its seen as "cheap"!
Bri

lol - i take it bi carb soda stops the itching? You poor thing - itching is so annoying, hopefully it is all gone soon! never mind the takeaways, u didn't go much over! very restrained! well done :)

putting those ikea furniture pieces together should keep your hands busy and away from the itchy bits :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??