« Home | Predictable Virgin » | Virgo - Zodiac Booklet » | Seek and ye shall find » | Curve Balls » | Was I ever? » | Weigh in - 14 » | Chilly » | Self-Belief » | Parties » | Too much thinking »

Step to it

The next checkmark on the walking challenge is "step to it". And that is exactly what I need to do. I am starting to make excuses on why it is so difficult to get to 10,000 steps a day. Yesterdays result is the most accurate I have had for a day with no dedicated exercise other than the walk to Central. As I wore my jeans the pedometre stayed on my hip the entire day and after sanity checking the steps a few times I was happy to say it was accurate. I think because my uniform is so loose and doesn't fit me properly around the hips the pedometre has not been recording my steps accurately the rest of the days at work. So, today, I am going to walk my little butt off to try and bring up my average and I am going to work out a way to have it fit me better during the week. This is my challenge. If I choose to accept it. Which I do.

Points FTD: 27.5
Sugar Points: 11
Points Left FTW: 43
Exercise: Walk to Central. Total of 7,812 steps

That is a nuisance if you can't get an accurate reading. Hope you can work something out. If you have any bonds undies - wearing two pairs of them may help?

Wah! I miss my pedometer! Life has not been the same since it fell in the toilet!

Good luck with your challenge :-)

You'd better put your Docs on then - 'cause........those boots were made for walkin', and that's just what they'll do!

well now I am back from my holiday I obviously have to increase my steps. Had a couple of slack days and you have overtaken me. Good work Margaret. I sent my pedometer flying through the air at a market. It broke into 4 pieces but I put it back together and it still works so I will do some serious counting this weekend.

It's annoying trying to find the right place to put your pedometer. Some pants are too tight so it has to go on the outside of the pocket - other ones that are too loose, it just doesn't work. Also - if your waistband is too thick it doesnt work - oh and if you have it in the wrong place it doesn't work! So annoying - I just fiddle and keep checking until it seems right. :-) Happy stepping! One thing I do is when I go to the loo I have a look at how many I have done - and then i jog on the spot to round it up to the nearest 100 - it probably doesn't make much of a difference but will add a few more every day :-)

My pedometer has become a habit now and it is has been great! I love reading it and knowing that I have done better each day he he he

I have been meaning to buy one for ages - maybe your challenge is just the excuse I need to get off my butt and do something about it! Also, thanks for adding me to your list of blogs - although, at the moment, I don't really feel that I'm deserving of the "At Goal" title! Good luck on your challenge.

Step to it girl :-) Clothes certainly make all the difference with the accuracy of the pedometer so that's why I only use it when exercising and wearing my yoga pants.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??