« Home | Step to it » | Predictable Virgin » | Virgo - Zodiac Booklet » | Seek and ye shall find » | Curve Balls » | Was I ever? » | Weigh in - 14 » | Chilly » | Self-Belief » | Parties »

Marguerita

No, that's not my name is some fancy language. Actually it is but that is not what I am writing about. Last night I had pizza. My first non-ww pizza in almost 15 weeks. Usually when DH caves in to his pizza craving he orders a delivery pizza from a local wood-fired pizza place. The pizza is good, but not that good that I would have any. The pizza I wanted doesn't deliver. You have to go and pick it up. The people who make the pizza are Italian and were insulted when DH requested that the procuttio was put on after the pizza was made. He was informed they never bake their procuttio, it's always put on after. The pizza crust is so thin yet so crispy that when you take the first bit it almost dissolves on your tongue. The tomato and cheese is barely there but the taste is divine. The procuttio is so salty, so tasty, so incredible - that I had to have 3 slices. And ate a few more points than anticipated. 2 would have been better. But 3 was so good.

I am so ready to go back to basics. It's not that I am lacking in motivation. I am still very motivated. But I am probably less motivated because I am suffering what I think most people go through. I am starting to forget what it felt like to not be able to do up the button on my skirt. I am starting to forget what it felt like to squeeze myself into a seat on the bus and feel that thigh touch from the next person. I am starting to forget what it felt like to have no neck. I am forgetting all those little things that added up to me starting this journey. I don't want to feel like that again so will not allow myself to go back but I need to feel like that again to keep me going. So how to solve my problem. Step 1. Take all my work uniforms in. At a size 18 they are too large. The shirts I can live with but the skirts just swim on me and I need them to be tight around the waist. Step 2. Go shopping and try on some size 14's. There is no way I can fit in them and it should serve as a jolly good reminder that I have some distance to go. In fact just writing this down is starting to get my blood boiling.

So off to do as much walking as I can today and see if I can beat Suzy. She sure walks a lot. Almost as much as I talk ;)

Points FTD: 26
Sugar Points: 2
Points Left FTW: 17
Exercise: Shopping. Total of 10,660 steps

"Happy Birthday Dad". Glad you are here for it. Love you.

Oh dear, a really nice pizza does taste so good! That is a good idea to take in your work clothes and trying on 14's will really make you determined. Happy walking!

I love the idea of taking your clothes in to spur you on. I've got a couple of jeans in the cupboard that were given to me by friends which I have never been able to wear. I try them on every now and again to remember that it's only my big-size jeans that are falling off of me. The others don't do up, yet :)

Good plan! Admire your determination, you are so good!

The best pizza I ever had was from near your home town - Russel's woodfired pizzas in Clare, yummmm. I have a sister in Adelaide so it's one of our favourite travel destinations. I agree with you - it's so easy to lose momentum when you feel amazing compared to when you started.

Great idea in taking in your skirts. I know with me when I'm feeling slim that's when I get into the complacent mode. We need to keep pushing ourselves. Have a great week!

That's a great idea to take in your clothes. I don't know if it helps, but when I was losing weight I made myself have "clothes goals", eg. that I would fit into my size 16 jeans/size 14 jeans/little black dress/wedding dress/formal dress/size 10 jeans. I tried on these things every couple of weeks so that at least I could feel the difference even if I couldn't see it on the scales. It made such a difference. So maybe you could buy just one or two items of clothing in a smaller size (if you don't own any already) to keep you motivated - you'll be surprised how quickly you'll be able to wear them at this rate!

BTW, that pizza sounded a bit nice. Can I have some please?

Good ideas for remotivating yourself because it is easy to get complacent. I bet that pizza tasted really good. Can't believe you have not had any for 15 weeks, you really are an inspiration. Bring on those size 14s..it won't be long and they will fit.

Great way of thinking M. A few slices of pizza isn't going to ruin all your hard work also ;-) Words stolen from you LOL. I agree with trying on the size 14 too to help make the goal more real. I am the same. I not only bought the size 16 pants the other day but the size 14 too, for when I do really get down to that size. A bit weird but I really like the pants so I want them for when I get smaller. Hope you had a great weekend!

yeahhhh a few slices is a few slices youll work that off running a few trees too :)

Ohhh that pizza sounds devine!! I know exactly what you mean - I've had to start reminding myself of those things too - size 14s really do bring you back down to earth!! :-)

I hope your Dad had a lovely birthday Margaret

That pizza sounds so good - I love proscuitto with anything!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??