« Home | Pox Update » | Munchie Madness » | What's red, white & black all over? » | Sign language » | De-cluttering the mind » | Weigh in - 16 » | Job half done :) » | Energised » | Rebound » | Can't do it (that's a good thing) »

Adult Content - 18+ only

Kirstie Alley, bless her cotton socks, was reported a while ago in one of the No Ideas that she was celebate for a number of years because she refused to have "fat sex". When I recalled that article it made me think about sex in general and how I changed as my weight changed. After having a baby it is normal, and common, for women to go off sex. Part of that due to the physical effort of birth, and partly because you just don't get enough sleep and can't be bothered. It never happened to me. I like sex. I like the kind that takes hours because it is fun, and the kind that takes 30 seconds because you just had to scratch that itch (pardon the pun). Either way - fine. But. As I got larger I became more and more uncomfortable with my own body and did not want to bare it the same way. I became ashamed, and chose to hide it in the dark, or just not go down that road at all. Which was such a shame. Because I like sex. But as I have been losing weight a side benefit is that sex is fun again. I am not ashamed of my body. It has it's battle scars, and it is still under construction, but it works. It is almost like I have become a teenager again, well not quite as randy, but close.

The point of this post. To see how many times I can use the word sex.

7

sex, sex, sex.

I like even numbers ;)


Points FTD: 17.5
Sugar Points: 0
Points Left FTW: 66
Exercise: None. Total steps - 8,759
TIAGF: A sense of humour - as bad and twisted as it may be

I know what you mean about the 'after baby' thing. I'm still too tired and my baby is thirteen and a half months. I used to like sex too, but it's been so long i've probably forgotten! haha. Maybe if I get back on track with my weight loss and pull myself out of this rutt i'm in i'll get my 'drive' back. haha

I agree. When Jamie and I first met I was around the 80kg mark. After 4.5 years of contentment, being in love etc. etc. the weight had ballooned and the sex drive was pretty non existent. We are trying to fall pregnant which means even though I didn't want to I had to in order to achieve what we wanted. However, I have noticed that the want for sex is slowly increasing with every kilo lost. You are right, we are ashamed of our bodies and we run and hide at the thought of having to subject our other halves to viewing what we believe to be a extremely horrible sight. But as this sight improves and we become more confident in ourselves, the self-esteem levels rise as do our sexual urges. Great post. Glad to hear I'm not the only one LOL!!! Take care and get better soon. XXX

Ditto what the above have said - same went for me. Of course now Al is in Taiwan I don't get any anyway !! The other night he called on Skype and I was just about to jump in the shower - had to dash to the computer room - we couldn't get to talking so we were typing. He was just going on about nothing really so I told him that I had no clothes on and was bloody cold and he came back with - Can you get the webcam working quickly !!! I know that he loves me no matter what my size - I just need to love me the same !Actually - I take that back - I need to get this weight off and then keep it off because when I am thinner, I do love me. Thanks for a great post and take care - have a great weekend whatever you do.
Me

Halleluja woman! I am guilty of this too and became ashamed of my body. It didn't turn me on and I think I need to feel sexy first to be able to feel sexy to somebody else. Now I do. LOL. You just had some morning hey ;-)

D'oh, you just had some morning SEX hey ;-)

I wish!! LOL

I agree with this, all bar one thing. Sex was so much more COMFORTABLE with padding around the hips and pubic bone!!! Since we have now lost 23kg each, there is a lot more bumping, poking and bruising going on!!

Look waht happens when you get time off. Your mind has time to think and look what it came up with. Very funny and very true. I hate the sight of my body and definitely don't want anyone looking at it. We are getting smaller though aren't we?
By the way we have been dropping down in the challenge standings this week haven't we? Lets try to be well so next week we can overtake some of those others. And would you believe I still haven't read the clues. I am so slack!! Hope you work out the answer.

Great post - something that you just don't get the chance to talk about - how we perceive ourselves and what an impact that has on so many aspects of our lives - yet alone something as much fun as sex. It is fun to be losing weight and getting more interested in having fun again - it's almost like starting all over again and picking up some new tricks ;)

Thanks for the message - it's great to have some chat buddies to keep me inspired.

Have a great one, or two or three.....

leisab

I'm with you. Sex is great. And getting better all the time. Must be all that practice.

LOL! Love ya Margaret! Cool post.
I always want it - I don't care if I'm fat or not - you can still feel sexy when you are fat :-)
I never had the baby problem actually - the midwife says wait till around 6 weeks. Lol. Joseph was fine with that and horrified when I was suggesting I was up for it after a week or so. :-)
Good on you for touching on a subject we hardly ever go to - makes for interesting reading, and other people's comments!

that is one of the great side effects of weight loss indeed.

LOL love this post

gotta love sex yep! my weight never played a part in sex its more business/financial stress than fat LOL well heres to all things improving, theres always room for improvement :D

whoohoo, a sex post!! I am so guilty of letting my size get in the way of my sex life. I must of been feeling trim last wk because my bf was shocked he got it 3 nights in a row. Isn't that sad at 21 years old 3 nights in a row is unusual! When I'm at goal its going to be 7 ;)

Geeze, wish I'd read this earlier (I think I'm number 19 to comment here!). I'm sure that everyone has expereinced new found energy for 'all' parts of their lives as a result of loosing weight. Confidence & stamina, gotta love that! I get accused by friends and the boy of being oversexed. But I don't reckon it's possible.

PS, love the kiddies rooms, very colourful. Thank for sharing!

I know exactly what you mean, M - going off sex ss such a big part of being overweight that it's worth going on a diet for that reason alone!

rotflmbao!!!! i loved this as i perfectly understand!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??