« Home | Why don't I » | Weigh in - 11 » | Late Sunday Post » | An Ode (or is that An Oh Dear) » | Boxes » | Quick Update » | Mmmm Food » | Copy Cat » | I yam what I yam » | Weigh in - 10 »

The lunch crowd

On Tuesdays at the gym I go to a 40 min abs & circuit class. It is fantastic. It has 10 stations (dips, biceps, star jumps, lat raises, boxing, step, skipping, push ups, lunges & walking) which work all of the different bits and pieces that need to be worked. I am in love with the guy who runs it. He is the most kind, funny, gentle, class teacher I have ever encountered. When I go to a class I work really hard. I can't not. I sweat. I make a lot of noise. As you can see - all very attractive! He encourages me to work harder, but ensures that I take it easy when he can see I am about to pass out. He lets me know how to do alternate crunch styles so I can protect my back further. He never makes me feel like I am not worthy of his class. And I thank him for that. On Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays the classes are run by the teacher from Hell. She is fit. She is hot. She has heaps of energy. She pushes her classes hard to the point where I normally have to vomit. But - she belittles people who cannot keep up. She intimidates those who only want to put 2 rises under the step (me) and puts them up to 3 or 4. She scowls and talks under her breath as she removes the 3kg weights I have put by my stations, and replaces them with 5kg ones. I don't like her very much. And that makes me not go to her classes. But on the bright side, I have seen a lot more of Sydney as I pound the pavement every lunch time. A group of us are going to petition the gym to get another class on Thursday run by the guy who does Tuesday. It's funny. These people are now my lunch crowd. And not a Big Mac amongst us ;)

Points FTD: 23.5
Sugar Points: 6.5
Points Left FTW: 104
Exercise: 40 min abs & circuit class. Walk to Central.

Great post! Why do people have to behave like that? Maybe you could let her know you don't go to her classes because of her attitude - if she knows she's losing business she might modify her approach. But I like the sound of the other guy better anyway...

Ah I can soo soo relate!
I used to have a personal trainer about 4 years ago now nad I hated him! I went to the gym because I was embarrsed to exercise outside - well not embarrased but didn't feel comfortable. But he'd make me run outside with weights round my ankles! And he would push me to the point I felt sick! Needless to say I didn't go to him for too long! Sounds a bit like Ms Bitch in charge of your classes. I think its a great idea to tell her that she puts you off going - maybe she'll brighten up a bit!

She sounds like the personal trainer from that show "the biggest loser" the guy on that show was so lovely though.

I am still cracking up about your pool comment in my diary by the way!

I would ditch her classes, it would be good if the other guy could run more :)

Lol - I was imagining the trainers from 'The Biggest Loser' when I read this. I really don't know how you do it M - working full time, exercising, kids, husband - you ARE super woman - I know it!

I used to go to a gym when I was living on the Gold Coast and there was an instructor there who was fantastic. If he was doing back to back classes, I'd do both, just so I could be in the same room as him!!

Keep up the great work M, you're amazing!

I don't like horrible people!!! Any decent instructor or trainer or teacher should realise that we need encouragement not belittling to make us perform to our best. She is obviously not good at her job. Hope you can change class. Life's too short to even spend half and hour in front of someone who annoys you!!!!!!!!!

Funny how some people just cannot mix with others. They should just stay under the rock from where they came. Next time she changed my step rises or weights I'd complain to management!!! How dare she make that sort of decision for you. Only you know exactly what you are capable of!!! I think the partition is a great idea. Take care.

That's crazy, the difference in teachers! Definitely have a word to someone in charge, either you by yourself or the group of you. I'm pretty sure it would be considered to dangerous to push yourself that far ther's a lot of difference between three kilo and five kilo weights and no point in injuring yourself. Even if you just write a letter or something, explaining why you want more classes by Mr Tuesday Thursday. Hope you guys can work something out with it!

It's so great to hear you are enjoying the gym classes with the male instrtuctor but not so good to hear about the female instructor. Why are woman such bitches sometime!? The instructors are supposed to be intuitive, to the well being of their participants (my lil sis was an instructor, nice one) but I guess different strokes for different folks. Some people like the bejesus kicked out of them but other people flourish with positive support. I know which I'd prefer and you too! Good luck with the petition.

BTW, I've been loving your affirmations!

An instructor can make such a huge difference. Isn't it all meant to be about encouragement! Makes you waonder.

What a bitch. She won'treally getfar in life with that attitude. Youshould complain. It is great yo hav efound a lunchtime group..no excuses now difficult to not go to exercise. well done.

maybe her butt floss is too tight. she clearly needs to lighten up a bit but hell at least you love the guy who does tuesdays and thursdays :D
i wonder when you would eat your lunch if you are using your lunch break to workout? do you just eat at your desk while you work, after lunch?

i'm sorry. i need to take a second to stop giggling at cat's comment! he he.

now. she really sounds like a jerk. maybe she thinks she's doing good (motivating). there are a lot of people like that i find. they tend to believe in the tough violent/aggressive love principle!

do you think it will help if we all write a petition?

What a horrible experience! It's surprising that the instructor is getting anyone in her class with that kind of approach.

On a lighter note, I also enjoy observing Sydney at lunch time, even walking around Martin Place can keep me amused if I feel energetic. The girls at work all go to the Gym but since I only take a half hour break, I'm content just to wander around for 20mins and watch the city happen.

Keep up the good work M!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??