« Home | Copy Cat » | I yam what I yam » | Weigh in - 10 » | Tickers » | No Guilt » | Runners Legs » | Learning my Lessons » | Am I addicted? » | Tights » | Weigh in - 09 »

Mmmm Food

Something happened yesterday that has not happened to me in my entire 10 weeks of this ww journey. I was hungry. All day. I ate. I kept eating. I had my breakfast. I ate an apple. A banana. Then a yoghurt. A fruit bar. Drank almost 3 litres of water. About the same of d.coke (oops). I had a huge lunch of salad with 2 steamed dim sims cut up and put through it (delicious if you want something a little different in a salad). I had a quarter of a chicken. I had a huge plate of vegetables. I had 2 boiled eggs. In the end I had to go to bed because I was afraid that I would just keep eating. I woke up hungry - and my stomach grumbled the whole way through my shower and in to work.

This is such a weird feeling. I am going to have to be vigiliant today in my planning so that I don't go over points, and I am hoping that this hungry feeling goes away. Perhaps my body is testing my brain. Perhaps today is the day where I find out if I can make this a lifestyle change. Perhaps this is the day that my brain tells my body to get back in line.

Today I am going for a walk at lunch time. I will have a backpack on and 10kgs of rice. I am delivering my 'weight' and it is a 30 minute walk away. I am going to enjoy the walk back.

Points FTD: 24
Sugar Points: 0 - suprised me too !
Points Left FTW: 83
Exercise: Walk to Central. Recover from 40 min. abs & circuit of Monday (everything hurts!)

Lugging around that 10kg will make you realise how well you've done!

I get the "hungry" days as well. Point free soup is a bit of a help. You will be fine and believe me the hungry feeling won't stay!

At least you still ate healthily to try and curb your hunger. Guess what! I can't believe it but I had two steamed dim sims cut up in salad yesterday for lunch! Thought I was the only weird eater around!!!!LOL...

What a great idea - not just giving your weight away, but getting exercise delivering it. Don't worry, I'm sure the hungry feeling will pass. How did you sleep the night before? I tracked my 'hungry' days for a couple of weeks and found they occurred when I'd had less than 3 hours sleep the night before (5 hours being normal for me). Just a thought?

Do you reckon you were so hungry because it was so cold yesterday? Very curious. But it looks like you ate good stuff so good on you! The walk you are going on today will be great. And just to think that you had been carrying that extra 10kgs around for some time. It still suprises me. Have a great day gorgeous!

im wondering the same... could you be more hungry coz it was cold.. i know that whenever its really cold.. im starving.. and winter is really hard for me coz all i wanna do is eat...
but you made really great food choices as welll so thats a bonus
keep up the good work

:)

I get really hungry too - I call it the sabotage fairy as I really think that it is just all in my mind, ie eat carbs and feel better thoughts. Early bed is a good option sometime. Keep on going - you are still inspiring me.

Wow, good on you for WALKING with the rice! Will be such a good feeling when you take the backpack off, knowing that thats how much you've lost FOREVER!!

Not sure about the hungry feeling, sometimes we just have days where we can't seem to eat enough. As long as you're keeping your snacks and points in check, I can't see anything wrong with eating until you're satisfied. Raw carrots are a good one I find, no points, but solid, and it takes an effort to chew them - as opposed to inhaling an orange or something without as much substance.

Enjoy your walk :-)

Just got out of my sick bed to read all my favourit blogs (can you tell I'm looking for sympathy!!).

You'll definitely feel 10kg of rice on your back. It'll make you think of how far you've come already (ooer!).

Okay, off back to my sick bed (cough, cough, splutter!).

Good on you for not using it as an excuse to eat crap! I get starving days too and sometimes it's the day after lots of exercise. If it stays then maybe u will have to eat some bonus points for a while? I'm so in awe of you for doing so well!

there are days like that. my mother's reaction would be: "your body must be lacking something. you've got to listen to it and try to decrypt the message." whichever way, your choice remain quite healthy! good for you!

you ate really well considering how ravenous you were!! i usually end up downing a bunch of bread as was the case last night. i also like to drink a ton of coffee but dont really recommend that ;) have a nice day!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??