« Home | Am I addicted? » | Tights » | Weigh in - 09 » | Yeah Baby » | A fun day » | Changes » | Cheers » | SP's » | That photo » | Weigh in - 08 »

Learning my Lessons

I am a very lucky little chickadee in that I work flex time. I can work up some hours and if I have enough, and ask really nicely, I can have a day off. I had such a day yesterday. The first one since 1st April. What a beautiful day. I took DH to the Chiro where he is still having work done to rectify some damage done to his jaw when he hit his head on the steering wheel in very little mentioned car incident (silly bugger) and then we had a lovely morning at home. I dropped him off to play golf with a mate after lunch and then spent the afternoon putting disaster zone home back into order. It was during the lunch that I felt I was really starting to learn the lessons taught at ww in relation to eating out.

We were at a little road side eatery in North Sydney. Sitting in the dappled shade of a gorgeous tree and contemplating the menu. There was so much to choose from but nothing that could be ordered without alteration. Mmmmm. Me and alteration of a menu don't normally go hand in hand. Why? I am scared of waiting staff. I know they have a tough job (tried it once - didn't work) but I have seen what they turn into when you want to change something. So with a deep breath I gave our order. For DH - grilled fish with salad, no fries no dressing. And for moi - Grilled chicken burger on turkish, no cheese, half the mayo. There. Done. Still in one piece. When we were waiting for our food I was feeling pretty good sucking down a d.coke and looking forward to a nice safe lunch. Then the food arrived. Oops. Mine came with fries. A big glorious pile of freshly cooked golden crispy fries. Was I tempted. Abso-bloody-lutely. Did I have one. Nope. At 10.30 in the evening as I am in bed trying to fall asleep, was I still thinking about how good I am. Yep.

LOL but I'm human :)


Points FTD: 21.5
Sugar Points: 2
Points Left FTW: 84.5
Exercise: None

WooooHoooo! You passed the Great Fries Resistance Test. Attagirl!

WOOOOOOOO-BLOOOOOOOOOODY -HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - well done !!! THAT is definitely progress ! It seems that a lot of us are starting to be able to make these healthy choices - how cool is that !! Way to go - have a great day !
Me

Oh what a good girl you are


show off! ;)

Well done =) You should feel good about that for a very long time too because just the aroma of hot cooked crispy fries has me yearning for them.

Wow, what a triumph! Such willpower!! You're my hero!!!

What a good girl!! You feel so much better for resisting things like that than you ever do by eating them. Now when am I going to learn that lesson?@ Lol.

Way to go! Good on you!! Tha's what you call will power!! I find if I've just have one that's when I'm come unstuck - best not to even try.

There is no way I could have resisted if the fries were there staring me in the face! You did really well!

Wow - welldone!!! I would've had to have at least 1, just to test!!!

Hehe..I still have that vision of you as Wonder Woman :-) Well done on resisting the temptation and for just being you!

haaa fabulous!! i would have shoved half onto hubbys plate then eaten the rest, YOU are a stronger woman ;) have a great day. knuffels

That is truly amazing. I have to admit fries on my plate... sure I would have eaten them. Although I did go to McD tonight with my son and only had a hot choc drink so I am feeling pretty good about making a wise choice as well. I have day out with my daughter tomorrow and I will be using you as inspiration when we sit down for lunch. Thanks!!!

Good on you that is just great and to get through your meal without one!! I would of had to have covered them with a serviette or something to deter me!!! What a wonderful change for the better you have made.

That was great to resist the chips...I can not wait till I am 'at that place" :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??