« Home | I yam what I yam » | Weigh in - 10 » | Tickers » | No Guilt » | Runners Legs » | Learning my Lessons » | Am I addicted? » | Tights » | Weigh in - 09 » | Yeah Baby »

Copy Cat

On a recent post Sue wrote that she was going to give her weight away. I thought this was a brilliant idea and asked if she minded if I copied. To which she replied go ahead - the more the merrier. So I rang around to find out how I could donate 10kg worth of food. There are heaps of organisations around but I didn't know any near by and I wanted to make sure that I gave them something they could use. Someone in my office suggested Reverend Bill Crew's Exodus Foundation which delivers food parcels to homeless and abandoned youth and other people in need.

It's only something small, and reminds me that there are people less fortunate than I am, and if I can help in 10kg increments then so be it. Now, onwards to losing the next 10kgs so I can do it all over again.

Thank you Sue for a fantastic idea.

Points FTD: 27
Sugar Points: 6.5
Points Left FTW: 107
Exercise: 40 minute abs & circuit class. Walk to Central.

What a cool idea!!

You're a beautiful gal. I hope you have a great day today :-)

What a great idea ! Good on you for thinking of others while doing this for yourself.
Thanks also for your lovely comments on my blog - I LUUUVVVVVVV getting comments and mail - one of my favourite things !
Take care and have a great day !
Me

You are such a generous and thoughful person Margaret.

Have a lovely day.

That must have made you feel so good. It is a wonderful idea.

Thanks Marg, for joining the charity drive, and for spreading the word.

What a fantastic idea. Every year we get all excited about putting gifts under the Kmart tree. maybe I could buy gifts the equivalant of weight lost and do it that way......I love it!

That is such a good idea! And congrats on running your two trees and getting past the 10KG mark!! And your amazing attitude to the workout clothes shop. You continue to rock my world :)

What a great idea! You have given us all food for thought!!

It really is an awesome idea, i think being a copycat is a good thing in this case!

generous spirits you ladies are! i think i may do the same for the local animal shelter. when ive lost 35-40kg or however many i will buy the lost weight worth in cat/dog food and flea medication.

awsome idea!

oh! feel free (please please please) to email me your snail mail addy. thanks!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??