« Home | Weigh in - 10 » | Tickers » | No Guilt » | Runners Legs » | Learning my Lessons » | Am I addicted? » | Tights » | Weigh in - 09 » | Yeah Baby » | A fun day »

I yam what I yam

*insert silly Popeye laugh here*

I had a lovely, bizzare, frustrating, fantastic day yesterday. We walked for hours and DH even tried to teach DS1 (who is 3.5) to play chess with the giant chess pieces in Hyde Park. Whilst they were playing I took the pram and walked around a bit and when I was sure no-one (important) could see me, I ran my two trees. LOL. Very sneaky. I looked great when I left the house yesterday. Wearing my newly acquired size 36 mens Diesel jeans (thanks DH *kiss*) and a white t-shirt, sneakers, and hair tied back I felt young, fit, healthy, and really really happy. Then I went shopping. I was looking for some work out gear. Nothing fancy. But the old maternity pants and sized 20 trackpants were falling off everytime I jumped up so I needed an upgrade. The sales were on in the city so I thought for sure I would find something in the size I needed without having to pay a fortune - as I don't plan on needing this size for very long. No such luck. Everything that fit really well was going to cost me close to $100.00 a piece and everything that was $30 or less gave me a really bad case of camel toe (if you don't know - I am not going to explain!) As we had parked at the Opera house we had passed a really cool shop called "Between the flags" They had the best workout gear in the window AND were having a huge sale. They weren't open when we began (well who would be at 7.30 on a Public Holiday??) so we called in on the way back. After perusing the items in store I quickly worked out that there was little or no chance of finding anything to fit me. Rather than waste my time looking I sought out the sales-girl and asked her what was the largest size they carried. To which she replied 14. We left. I was feeling fat, unattractive, and really really unhappy. Then I thought, It's my choice how I feel, so I changed my thoughts from "bloody stupid shop - who would buy there anyway" to "great - now I know where to buy my gear from when I am a size 14" (they did have really cool stuff)...

So we went home but as the DS's both fell asleep I got DH to drive on to Chatswood where I ducked into Target and got pants, a jacket, & 3 t-shirts all in size 16 (whooo hooo), so I am set for gym tomorrow, and everyday after that until they fall off me too ;)

I came home feeling young, fit, healthy, and really really happy.

Points FTD: 20 (including a home made pizza & wine - yummmm)
Sugar Points: 2.5
Points Left FTW: 134
Exercise: 3 hours walking around Sydney (boy are my calves sore).

Well done on all the walking and more importantly on your change in attitude - isn't it amazing how different that can make you feel ? It is so good when you go out and you feel just fantastic - you seem to walk taller and with so much more confidence than just slinking along hoping nobody will see you - WAY TO GO !!!!
Have a great week and take care !
Me

Love reading your posts - You have a great attitide and are so positive. Before you know it you will be shopping for Size 14!

Here's to a young, fit, healthy and happy woman!

Don't buy too much yet because in no time you will be buying 14's or smaller and you deserve to. It's great to see how motivated and happy you are. You are an inspiration!

What a lovely, positive attitude. Those two boys sure have a Mum they can be proud of - not because of the way she looks, but because of what a great person she is.

Two trees already....woo hoo!!

And don't you just love Target - I find if I ever want anything specific then Target will always have it in my (correct) size. I hate going into those shops where a size 10 is really a size 6!!

And with the way you're going it definitely won't be long before those size 16's are falling off you!

I don't know I read and re read and re read the sales-girl thing... I suppose even if I was size 14 I wouldn't go back because they didn't make the bigger sizes to make big people feel good... I know that sounds silly but I get so angry that no one wants to make affordable clothes for bigger people that don't look like tents or big T-shirts that why would I give them my money. Silly aye!!!

Well done for going into a different size Wohoooo girl!!! woohooo.

You will be back in that shop in no time. Love this post - still chuckling over the camel toe comment

Hey
thanks for your comments on my sight. and DH did ok in his exam.
you go girl, you will be back at that shop in no time getting a 14 if not a 12.

Yay for doing 2 trees! You are doing great! Looking forward to the day you come on here and tell us about your cool new size 14 exercise clothes!

Yay for doing 2 trees! You are doing great! Looking forward to the day you come on here and tell us about your cool new size 14 exercise clothes!

Oh yeah, good day huh and that's because you were running people over, you mad pram pusher!! Hehe ;-)

I love that you looked great when you left the house! Isn't that the best feeling. I was looking for some work out clothes too yesterday but couldn't find anything I liked so I bought a nice new bra instead. The sales are great!

Sydney, flat?? Have you never walked on our footpaths ;-)

Hope you have a great night hon!

2 trees YAY! next time 3? :) glad you are feeling sooo great after finding new gym clothes, have a happy day :)

i think that's an awsome way to take it (i have to remember the next time i have a nervous breakdown leaving a shop)!
you go m!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??