« Home | Cheers » | SP's » | That photo » | Weigh in - 08 » | Holding it together » | Elevators » | Pole Dancing » | Pizza and Puke » | A piece of grass » | Patterns »

Changes

The last 8 weeks of my life have wrought many changes on me, and not all on my body. Along with the physical changes which I can see and feel and revel in, there are other more subtle changes which I am also experiencing. These have to do with the way I feel, react, behave and think. Whilst I have always been an outwardly postive person all my life this has sometimes been a cover for a very insecure person. Insecure about my looks. Insecure about myself. As a young girl I was often the tallest person in my class and even in my whole school year. I was 175cm (5ft 9) from about age 13. This makes it very easy to become the target of teasing at school. And teased I was. As we moved around a lot it was easy just to let go of old friends and go to a new school hopefull of less teasing. This never happened, but I got a good thick skin from it. As I got older I realised that a lot of my insecure feelings about my looks were unfounded. I was never a beauty queen (LOL just thinking about that possibility) but I was never a really bad looking kid either. But those insecurities lie deep and it takes a lot to break those thoughts.

At the moment I have accepted that I am who I am. I have accepted where I am. This has then allowed me to know where I need to go. For so long I have wished I would wake up thin, be thin, look like everyone does on TV and then each morning, when I did not look like that, I would get depressed and go and eat. (gee that was a really good way to get where I needed - not!!). But acceptance had to come first. And now it has. And now I can and have made changes. And now I am changing. For the better. And it shows. I am happier. I have more fun. I am experiencing more from what life has to offer instead of hiding in a cupboard with a packet of tim tams... Mmmm tim tams......

So with my better healthier body, I am getting a better healthier mind. And no tim tam in this world can beat that feeling...

Points FTD: 18
Sugar Points: 5
Points Left FTW: 66.5
Exercise: Stroll down Pitt St shopping. Counting to 1000 when DH told me he smashed the brand new car (worth at least 1million bonus points!).

You're very good at recognising and accepting your feelings. Way to go - you'll have no trouble overcoming emotional eating when you are that honest with yourself.

I think it is great that you can look inside and identify your triggers - what an accomplishment. Too many people go through like not acknowledging their 'issues' and not dealing with them except to eat/drink/smoke etc and that doesn't make them go away does it ? Good on you. Sorry to hear about the car - hope nobody was hurt.
Take care and have a great weekend !
Me

Now you have made those changes you will never look back. Being happy within yourself makes life's problems so much easier to deal with. Sorry to hear about the car, but having lost my dear Dad in a car accident I always say who cares about the metal and rubber as long as the people are O.K!

I think it's important to keep everything in perspective and realise that you are who you are, and just to love yourself. I'm really glad you are feeling all those positive changes - it's a great feeling! Have a great weekend!'

I really enjoy reading your blog. You are very honest, insightful and have a great sense of fun about you. I have a lot of respect for you. I like the fact that you take responsibility too. This is so important in a society where we can sue someone else for jumping off a cliff!

We ARE happier, feeling better about ourselves (mentally + physically) and we are having more fun, for sure!

Thanks for sharing this post today :-)

What one positive lady! So true about the better healthier body and getting a better healthier mind.

Hope the car and husband are o.k.!

acceptance is a powerful thing putting you in the state of mind capable of changing whatever you want. the time is now baby :D
hope hubby is ok!! brand new car smashed...damn.

Mmmm tim tams!

And I agree with all the other commenters... it's great to have such insight :)

Super duper mega congrats on your progress to this point! 8.5 kg in 8 weeks! loving it!

Now that I'm back on track, I'll see how I go with weigh in tomorrow.. fingers crossed!

I am so behind with your posts - I am really sorry. I love reading your blog

okay now.....

your so positive! It's really admirable.

HE SMASHED THE NEW CAR - OMG!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??