« Home | Weigh in - 08 » | Holding it together » | Elevators » | Pole Dancing » | Pizza and Puke » | A piece of grass » | Patterns » | Weigh in - 07 » | What it is all about » | Zzzzzzzzz »

That photo

I am starting to see that the rules I am applying to myself with my ww journey re food and exercise I am starting to apply to other areas of my life. For example my procrastination. On the weekend I started thinking about putting a photo on my profile. Then I started thinking that I'm not ready yet, I don't take a good photo, yadda yadda yadda. Well then I thought bugger it, if I waited till I was perfect (and we all know that perfect doesn't exist) then I would never have a photo up there. So I marched myself into the study, sat in front of the webcam, and laughed myself stupid trying to take a photo of myself. It is really disconcerting moving your head one way and expecting a result only to realise that you had to move it the other way. So I put a photo on there, but it is by no means my last attempt. You see, I have really curly hair and because I am not too fond of it, I wear it up in a pony tail almost all of the time. I have it up in this photo (in which I think I look a little like a clown with my eyebrows all up). I did take some photos with it down but because it had already been pulled up it didn't look too good. And to take a photo at all I have to angle the desk lamp directly into my face otherwise the photo turns out all black. So I think my eyes had already started watering by the time I got to take this photo. The things we do. But that is me. So Hi.

Points FTD: 31 (my super super high day)
Sugar Points: 10.0 - What !!!
Points Left FTW: 123
Exercise: 15 minutes on the treadmill. Walk to Central. Plus incidental.

Thanks for all the nice things you said about my photo. Quick update re my Dad. Looks like the operation went really well. Surgeon will confirm later today whether chemo will be required but currently it is still no. So still keeping my fingers crossed but very very hopeful.

Glad to hear the op went ok, photo looks good - I still have not worked out how to do that yet!!

Hi M
So glad to hear that the op went ok for your Dad. Hopefully they will come back with a no to the chemo for him.
Know what you mean about procrastinating re the photo - I had to have a photo taken at work for ID and I have managed to put it off for over a year !!!! Had it taken last week and am now trying to find if they can mail it to me as it wasn't as bad as the photos I normally take - if they do I will post it on my blog - it is always nice to put a face to a name isn't it.
Take care and have a great day !
Me

How lovely to see your photo! Isn't it great to put a face to a name - especially when you've revealed SO much about yourself to all of us. I might have to get inspired myself...

Great to hear your dad's went o.k. Fingers crossed!
Love the photo - wish I was that game! I had a bit of a laugh at your efforts trying to take it.

Lovely photo, and neat to put a face to the name. I am sending good wishes to you and your family
for a speedy recovery for your dad to good health.

Cheers
Margaret (NZ)

Photo or no photo, you still crack me up with the way you write :-) It is definitely interesting how the way we deal with weight loss, crosses over to other things too. It really is a Mind, Body, Spirit journey of sorts. Great to hear about your Dad! Fingers crossed.

I am glad your dad's operation went well. I hope he won't need chemo

I would do anything for curly hair!

Thanks for leaving me a message. Blogging is fun isn't it. It took me ages to figure out how to put my picture on. (Beats ironing or housework though doesn't it?). Good luck with your Dad.

Lol, curly hair is great! I get hacked off with my fine fly away hair! to get a good result, it needs to be blowdry'd then gone ove with the straightening irons, lots of product & a wizz with the roterstyler (spinning hairbrush thingy)!

fingers crossed for your dad!

Glad to hear that you Dad came through the op! Let's hope the chemo isn't necessary.

Love the photo... do understand about photos though.. I hate mine been taken he he he

ChubbyMum

so great to hear your Dads operation went well!! keeping fingers crossed that chemo is not necessary. have a good day you gorgeous creature :D

Your pic is SO cute! :)

lovin it sick!

also top news on the papa-bear. I should've read your journal from the top down, rather than oldest first!!!

D'oh! that last post was from MOI!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??