« Home | Pole Dancing » | Pizza and Puke » | A piece of grass » | Patterns » | Weigh in - 07 » | What it is all about » | Zzzzzzzzz » | A case of the grumps » | Would you like papadums with that? » | Spinning Around »

Elevators

In my life, my big mouth has got me into heaps of trouble. Either because the words that have come out of it have been inappropriate, or catty, or too quick, or I was trying to be funny but 'as funny as a fart in an elevator' - if you know what I mean. And that got me thinking. I am using this blog as a record of my journey to better health, better habits, and a better me. And I am writing whatever I am feeling, or about things that have happened to me on a day to day basis, essentially to capture my moods and feelings and to see if there are underlying triggers that have caused my weight gain in the past and to initiate methods of blocking the triggers and finding better, more healthy coping strategies. This is a good idea and one that I am directly attributing as a key factor in my successes so far. But I should be careful in what I say when it relates to other people. On Sunday DH, family, and I are going to lunch at a work colleagues of DH. The same colleague who came to dinner at our house. I am really looking forward to it as I like this lady and her husband. I have factored the visit into my weekly eating and have saved up enough points that I will feel comfortable eating anything that is on offer (I have planned a very low point soup dinner for that night though - just in case) So just now on the phone DH mentioned that this same work colleague was looking at the ww site with another lady as they are considering joining. After my "that's a good idea" comment I suddenly froze. What if they come across my journal. (as a side bar - my journal is now the first journal listed on the ww site!!) They are mentioned in my journal. Not by name but there is no way they would not know I was talking about them. I wasn't rude, but I am clear about my frustration. As it related to me. Oh dear. *10 deep breaths* I know that I should not hold back when I write as this is a journey about me, no one else, even though my journey will encounter and include a miriad of people. I only hope that if she chances across the entry that she understands that there was no malice intended. As a punishment I shall go and stand in the elevator and wait for someone to fart...

Honesty is the best policy in my books. I'm sure they'll understand any frustrations you have and not take it to heart.

I have the same problem of opening mouth before speaking. Afterwards three little words always go through my mind, mouth, foot, oops!

I do think that jaykay is right but just so that I can be free in whatever I talk about I don't list my site on WW sites and never use my name or other's names so that things can't get construed the wrong way.

I mean in the long run this diary is for you and for you only and that you can be honest in it..

That is why I put BLONDE in it instead of the name and I don't use my own name... that way I can write exactly what I am feeling and it is true and honest to me and I can get things off my chest. OMG this is long sorry!!! ;-) But be true to yourself hun and that is all that matters.

I think I said it right he he he he

Love reading hun.
ChubbyMum

hello there,
I stumbled across your blog as you seem to read a few of the same ones I do. You are doing awesome so far, 8.7kg in 7 weeks is fantastic! I wouldn't worry about someone you know stumbling across your site, as you said there was no malice in what you said & I can't see how anyone would take offence! I'm worried about the day someone I know stumbles across my site as I don't want people to know how much I weigh! silly a! hehe

feel free to look me up if you have a spare moment - www.ktswwjourney.blogspot.com

lol - I know what you mean!

Firstly, nice work getting your site listed on the WW site!

I swear too much in mine.. best to keep it for the select audience that stop by mine :) I'm such a ranter.

I think you're an absolute scream.. and farts make me laugh! ahahahah I am so immature! Actually I should say that your diary inspires me.. I have missed reading it SO much!

SOunds like you're doing really well! yay you!!!! :))

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??