« Home | Weigh in - 07 » | What it is all about » | Zzzzzzzzz » | A case of the grumps » | Would you like papadums with that? » | Spinning Around » | The best laid plans » | Weigh in - 06 » | Back from Play Date » | Play Date »

Patterns

Being of an analytical nature, and seeing how measuring trends is part of the job I do, I have to be careful that I do not project certain actions upon myself. In the 7 weeks of this journey I can already see a trend in my weight loss. It has been loss, loss, loss, gain, loss, loss, loss, current week. The losses have been eerily similar in each cycle. So, my challenge for this week is not to say to myself "Oh well - I know I am going to have a gain this week so I'll just eat anything". I will stick to my points, I will stick to my healthy eating, and if my body posts a gain then I know it is not because I have lost control but because the body is doing whatever the body is doing. And, as I am all too painfully aware, the body will do whatever it wants :)

An excellent approach to your journey. I was thinking last night after my weigh-in that I must be experiencing something similar but didn't remember to look at the past weeks when I got home. I had a loss of 1.7 which I felt made up for the 0.3 I lost last week - must remember to look to see if there is a similar pattern for me.
Take care and be good !
Me

Sound reasoning. Love your approach to it. Also love your 'butt crunches' comment on my blog - not a bad idea at all!

RED ALERT...oh no, another analyzer ;-) Just keep eating well and exercising no matter what the pattern is because it feels good. You are fabulous!

Hehe and I'll have to tell Dan about you visiting his site. He'll like that. He's been pretty busy with work and music lately but hopefully it'll inspire him to get cracking on his novel or at least put a few more short stories up. Cheers!

I agree - the body has a mind of it's own at time! You are so motivated - keep up the fantastic work.

You are right in there sometimes being a trend in the weight loss pattern. Good on you for setting a challenge to cope with this.

lol thanks for the comment on the sides of my blog! Glad they are okay.

I feel I must clarify that the race this weekend is called the Half marathon but I am only managing to do 5.5k.

LOL I have alread decided I will be dropping into my favourite winery on the way home.

My body is really predictable too, I am going to try to mix things around with the wendy plan and see how that works. Have you tried that?

i love your blog.... you think things though so well....

you sound like a perfect eater.. i read what you normally eat.. and i think its fantastic...keep up the good work and dont let that loss & gain pattern fool you....coz u know you can break it..

:)

Lol, it is so true - you can do your best, but the rest is up to your body. You are doing so well though, 8.7kgs in 7 weeks INCLUDING a gain week is fantastic!!! :-)

that's an excellent attitude!
bodies are just a mysterious thing!

the body will do what it wants... too true, as irritating as it is sometimes lol

Hey,
i'm probably a bit late in on this one but since its relevent I thoought I'd still leave my comment.

I have only been back on the ww program about a month so I haven't yet thought to look at 'trends' in my weightloss. It's a good idea though.

The first time I actually thought weightloss might not be so hard was when another friend explained that losing weight was merely an equation:
energy in minus energy out = loss/gain. Suddenly I though I could finally just 'do my sums right' and it would all work out... not that I was any good at maths!

Since then, through ww, I have learnt that there are a lot more variables! Body cycles, particularly in women, play a big part, but I guess things like a bodies reaction to stress do as well.

Now all I have to do is learn how to monitor the stress of gaining weight some weeks! Agghhh!

Thanks M, for your always eloquent words of wisdom!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??