« Home | A piece of grass » | Patterns » | Weigh in - 07 » | What it is all about » | Zzzzzzzzz » | A case of the grumps » | Would you like papadums with that? » | Spinning Around » | The best laid plans » | Weigh in - 06 »

Pizza and Puke

Last night my DH decided he wanted pizza for dinner. This is a rarity in our house as he is supposed to be following a gluten, dairy, & processed meat free diet. Mmm all the ingredients of pizza. So he ordered his pizza and I ate my ww Pesto Spagettini (4.5pts - yumm). The pizza took ages to get here and when it did I found out that DH had kindly ordered a garlic bread. For me. Because it is one of my favourite things. So I looked in my spreadsheet to see how many points garlic bread would be. 29gms = 1.5pts. So I took two slices and weighed them. 1 slice = 29gms = 1.5pts. So I put one slice back and only had one. And just sat there letting the delicious smells waft over me as I held onto the couch for dear life. I was afraid that if I let go I would fall on top of the garlic bread and devour the lot. I didn't.

Cut to later that evening tucked up in bed reading a magazine and DH is moaning and groaning, not in a good way, that his stomach hurt, he feels full, he feels sick, until he gets up and has a huge puke in the loo. I didn't feel sorry for him. I felt very good for me that I was not in that same situation. This morning my good behaviour has been further rewarded when I got dressed for work. I decided that today I was going to wear a short skirt *feigns horror*. I tried the skirt on, and it fit. I could do it up all the way and it does not cut into me. In fact I have a problem in that I can twirl the skirt all the way around me whilst it is on, so I have to keep checking that the skirt is on the right way. *straightens skirt and has a little giggle*. So I am going to have a great day. I may look like an airline hostess today so after I check that everyone has their seatbelts on I am going to wander around the office offering them pillows and blankets. LOL. I am such a dag :)

DING! Hostess, can I have another pillow, please?
Bet you feel great in your short skirt. Well done resisting the evil temptations of garlic bread!

Hahaha...I love it, you dag but not the puke part. Now that's just nasty ;-)

Discipline plus with the garlic bread - well done! And your poor man - that will teach him!

You're not the only one giggling - I couldn't help but laugh at a mental image of you clutching onto the couch for dear life because it's such a familiar sounding sentiment! Well done though to decide how much you were going to have then stick to that. And isn't that a fantastic feeling when your skirt is getting to be too big!

Yummmm pizza!

Good for you being able to say no more after just one piece. Wish I had your restraint. I wouldn't have been able to do it, I know that much.

Hope Hubby is okay now.

Hi Margaret! Amazing willpower with the garlic bread - I'm not sure at all that I would've been able to be that firm...I love knee-length skirts too, I just have truble finding shoes to go with them. Heels work the best but I can't walk on heels the whole day. Hmm. Seems like I have a problem to solve here, because I have closet full of nice skirts! Gotta go shoeshopping that is :D

way to retain control around one of your favourite things, whiteknuckling it is never easy. stand up job woman :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??