« Home | Chocolate is not a protein » | It was a good idea » | Ouch » | Freddo and Friends » | I did it » | I can do it » | Little steps » | Weigh in - 03 » | Mmmmm. Pumpkin... » | Move it to lose it »

Weigh in - 04

For the first time in my journey I am posting a gain this week. The scales moved up 400gms to settle in at 91kgs. I have spent a lot of time this morning going back and forth in my mind as to why this has occurred and fluctuating between being really annoyed and disappointed to fed up and cranky. But after much analyzing, re-checking, and calculating what I have done this week I know that I can keep going because the overall positive feelings I have still outweigh the negative feelings of today.

Negative
1. I followed my points and it's not fair that I have a weight gain today
2. I exercised in some capacity every day and it's not fair that I have a weight gain today

Positive
1. I followed my points and know I can stay within my range
2. I am exercising
3. If I had not started my journey I would not be 4.5kgs lighter today
4. I have met some really great people on-line
5. I feel healthier
6. My clothes fit me (not even more comfortably - they just fit :) )
7. I feel more positive about myself
8. I have no excuses as I didn't deviate from the plan.
9. If the current weight loss pattern continues I will still get to goal
10.I know that because of the above I will continue this journey

I know that I stuck to my points and ate well and balanced my meals. Therefore I have to trust my body and know that this is not a permanent arrangement (the gain) and that things will go in the right direction if I keep going. As long as I keep in control and not let the 'monsters' take over I shall be fine. As far as my exercise is going I am a little sad that I will not be taking part in my fatburning class today. On the weekend I split my little toe when I stupidly ran into the back of the trolley I was pushing. I have my sneakers on and my gym clothes with me but it is all I can do to walk without pain, so I shall walk at lunch -slowly - but I shall go. At least I am moving. *takes deep breath*. Here I go into month 2.

Ouch...*squinch*, poor toe.

Whatever you do, DO NOT GIVE UP! There are so many reasons you could have gained a little. Maybe it is the time in your cycle that you are heavier, maybe the exercise you are doing is converting fat to muscle instead of burning it off, maybe you ate/drank before weigh in? Would you beleive, 2 girls at my meeting on Saturday weighed themselves at the beginning of the meet then went to the toilet and weighed themselves at the end of the meeting. There was a extra loss of about 200-400g! Maybe try that next time?

WELL DONE on your own loss so far! I am glad you can put this little gain in perspective :-)

So sorry to hear about your gain - I know how demotivating it is when you have been so good and you don't get the loss that you feel you deserve. But hang in there and continue with following the programme as you may be in for a really good surprise next week.
Take care and be good !
L

I think your list of positive / negative says it all. I had a gain last week as you know, and I found it quite hard, but once I realised I could get back on track (I know you never went off track), and keep going despite it, I felt this new motivation and now 3 days into the new week it feels much easier. You'll lose next week, it must be the extra exercise shaking things up.
P.S. How old is Oscar? Hope his mouth feels better soon too!

Don't let the gain get you down.

As Mary said, it's so easy to lose and gain in such a small amount of time.

I gained 2kg over the weekend. Weighed myself Friday morning, then again this morning and the scales had increased by 2kg!!

But I know that by next weekend I will have lost it all as long as I don't go stupid and binge with food and drink.

Chin up girl :-)

Hope your toe is feeling better, as the others said the gain could be fluid, due to totm
Keep up what you are doing - it will all level out in the end!

Your positive list says it ALL! Have you been making friends with Mr Tape Measure? DO it.. I swear it's made all the difference to me this week.

Mr Scales is not my friend! :)

4.5 kg in a month is very good.. it's very very good.. I'll be stoked if I could reach that rate :)

you'll be sweet.. you're doing such a good job!

xoxox

thank you. now i know i'll have to list negatives and positives! :oD

That's the way - just keep going, you are doing wonderfully. Gain schmain!! Do measure yourself tho b/c often your measurements are still going down when the scales don't. Keep at it

LBTEPA

posting the positives really helps put it into perspective doesnt it? doesnt help the negative feelings (i felt the exact same way on saturdays weighin) but because of the exercise and true effort the scale will probably start being more cooperative in future weighins :) keep up the good work but rest that toe, split sounds REALLY painful :-$ have a good day!

Didn't realise you had one as little as Oscar. Amelia will be 10 months on the 10th, so only about a month apart. We seem to have a lot in common - similar starting weights, and goal weights. Hope you are feeling better about your weigh in now.. takes a while to get the positivity back I know.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??