« Home | Mmmmm. Pumpkin... » | Move it to lose it » | Feel Good Look Good » | Whistle whilst you work. » | Things that make you go » | Weigh in - 02 » | To Blog or not to Blog » | Ordered! » | In the swim » | Photographs »

Weigh in - 03

One of the things that has been a stumbling block in my weight loss in the past is when I reach a point that I accept that I am worth the effort. When I accept that I am important enough to spend the time and effort on. Then I start to think that I am being selfish. That, compared to other events in the world, I am really not that important at all. Then I generally slide straight back into bad habits and feeling oh so sorry for myself. Today could have been one of those days. Anzac Day is a very important day and one that I feel every year has more, rather than less, relevance. It is a day to remember the past and reflect on the present and hope for the future. But today I decided that just because there are events in this world that are important to everyone, it doesn't make me less important to me. Or to those that love me. So after crying at the end of dawn service I woke everyone up, we had breakfast and went for a drive to the beach. It was sandy, and wet, but gee it was great..
P.S. It's official weigh in day today and the scales show a loss of 1.0kg since last week. I am hoping next week to hit my first 5.0kgs and earn myself my bookmark and reward. I am thinking a footspa - with all my new walking I sure need it ;)

Congratulations on being another kilo down :)
I think we all have to be a bit selfish on this journey - which is very hard when you have a family.
I think you will definetly get your 5kg bookmark next week - you are doing so well...and a footspa would be lovely with some nice oils :) What a great reward!

Awesome loss - good on you!

fabulous loss, keep reminding yourself that you are worth it!! :)

You are important and obviously your starting to realise that. Your attitude is really inspiring.

Whoo hooo, congrats on the weight loss too.

I loved your note in my blog by the way - thanks so much for that

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??