« Home | I can do it » | Little steps » | Weigh in - 03 » | Mmmmm. Pumpkin... » | Move it to lose it » | Feel Good Look Good » | Whistle whilst you work. » | Things that make you go » | Weigh in - 02 » | To Blog or not to Blog »

I did it

Even though every muscle hurts, and I am very unsure the red glow on my face (entire face!) will ever dissipate, I quite enjoyed the step class today. I even didn't mind that for the past hour I have had to fight the constant feeling of wanting to hurl (vomit for the uninitiated). I lasted for all the class except the last 5 minutes when I had to race to the bathroom. Didn't hurl then and was able to return for the stretches. The teacher congratulated me and said I lasted longer than most people on their first outing. She also had some really nice things to say to me during the class like "great squat - you sure look like you know how to sit on a chair!" I had to give up the notion that I would be able to change, return to work and get on with my day as if nothing had happened, and accept that I had to sit at my desk in my gym clothes and wait till I could talk, my pulse slowed down, and my clothes dried out a little (sweaty clothes - yuk). My boss and his boss (we all work together in the same area) laughed and said at least there was one benefit for them from me exercising - I was quiet for a while !!! Funny boys...

Thank you for all your support today - it has really meant a lot.

First of all - I want to thank you for the really lovely note in my blog about my daughter, she is much better now.

LOL love this entry. I am tempted to go out and try a class again but I tried step a while ago and it nearly killed me!

Well done =)

Whoot! Good on you. You are making me think twice about going to a class now. I am hesitant because I'ma fairly shy person. We'll see. I like the way you write about your experiences because it makes me giggle. Cheers.

sweet post :)

Yay! Gym class! What an achievement! You are doing so well, and your blog is so funny and honest. It's a pleasure to have found it today; I'll be reading it every day now and using it to motivate my own efforts

LBTEPA

Wahoo - good on you for taking that step, and taking a step class, lol. You must feel great now!!
Just a bit of feeback about your blog - I like it, it looks really interesting and different to other people's ones. The only thing I would have to say is that the writing is quite small and I have to increase the writing size before i can read it (but that may just be blind me!!). Keep up your great work, you are sure to get a great result this week!!

See I told you you could do it!
Good on you!!

Lol, M. I just had a look at my blog and went "Ohhh... yeah, mine is very small too!" I had never noticed before, hehe. Told you I was blind!! Thanks for your feedback also, am going to try and increase the font size which should make it easier for everyone to read :-)

yay you're alive! and doing well it seems :) that physically sick anxious feeling tends to be the norm when getting back into a gym routine, usually dissipates the second you walk through the gym doors doesnt it? meh, maybe i'll get back there someday too heh. so are you going to become a regular in the class?

Wow Margaret - well done!! Great that you enjoyed it too! My exercise choice is Aqua. Quiet hard work outs but seems easier being in water! (Don't work ou a sweat either!)

Good on your for the step class hun!! OMG though slap your bosses he he he he.. but I suppose I would be doing the same thing and maybe I should send some of my workmates to do the class so they can be quiet for the avo he he he

Well Done Margaret !!!! You are a star. I think that it is great that you have got out there and had a go at the step class. The thing to remember is that the first couple are the hardest and after that you start lookin forward to it !!
Take care and have a great week !
TFTD : Success consists of a series of little daily efforts.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??