« Home | Feel Good Look Good » | Whistle whilst you work. » | Things that make you go » | Weigh in - 02 » | To Blog or not to Blog » | Ordered! » | In the swim » | Photographs » | Share and share alike » | Shoe Delight »

Move it to lose it

The ww success program says that we have to conquer 3 areas to achieve our long term goals. 1) is eating better and I think that I am handling this one OK. 22 points a day and I have only gone over once (22.5) in three weeks. 3) is understanding our emotions and what makes us eat and through the use of this blog and reading other blogs and sites I think that I am accepting the reasons that cause me to overeat and am on my way to overcoming each emotional barrier that I have surrounding me. 2) is exercise. Well ummmm. I need to work on this one. When I got home last night my new bathers had arrived. Yaaaa. I tried them on and was happy to say that they fitted really well and I did not hate what I saw in the mirror. Did not completely love some angles but did not hate the overall picture. It will definitely not keep me out of the pool anyway. But I am basically a very lazy person when it comes to organised exercise and I am so good at making excuses as to why I don't have time to do this or why I can't get to that so I set about finding an exercise that would fit in to my day, that I don't have to sacrifice too much for, so that I won't chuck in the towel too early. I have come up with 2. One is to join the gym in my building. It is not a fancy gym, more like the sort you would find in a junior sports club (read: constant smell of socks and deep heat - which I quite like actually !!) but it does have a new class teacher who is taking a class on Mon, Wed, and Fri. They are FatBurner, Step, and Cardio Kickboxing. Sounds like fun (I must be mad). And as I need to move this booty I figured that would be a good way. And I know that as soon as it starts raining, or too cold I will not walk in the park anymore so had to come up with something. Now the 2nd part of my exercise plan is a little more silly. In fact I am a bit embarrassed to admit - I am a Big Brother fan. (hangs head and sighs) Every year I say "I am not going to watch that crap" and every year I end up hooked and cranky as buggery if I don't get my half hour fix a day. So I figured "why fight it". This year I am going to invent a Big Brother Workout. A half hour regime of crunches and arm and leg exercises that I can do in front of the TV making sure that I time the upright rows for commercials (it's too hard watching the TV through my legs!!). So that's my plan. When I work out the timings I will post an approximation of the program so if you too are a closet BB fan and want to do the program you will know that somewhere in Australia, in the world, there is another crazed ww point counting bb watching exercising nut doing exactly the same as you. I am mad..

Do we know what time BB is going to be screened?

I haven't watched the Oz one since I've been back, but while I was in the UK I was totally addicted. They used to show all the day's juicy bits at 6.30pm and then have an hour of it live at 10.00pm.

And having all single people this year is definitely going to be interesting!!

Good luck with your plan. I really hope it works.

Before I forget - thanks for your notes...you crack me up! Glad you liked the pic

I would love a copy of the BB workout because I am the same LOL I even resisted watching some episodes last year but this time it looks just too good to miss

I too would love the BB workout...I love reality shows, even stayed up for the late ones last year!
-good on you for joining the gym, I would love to do that!

Yes, join the gym!!!
I haven't, lol, but I am working out at home, basically treadmill and a tad of weights recently. Though all exercise besides walking has been on hiatus these past 4 weeks due to work :(
But Monday marks my coming back day, and I really can't wait!!!

hey, nothing wrong with a little 'reality tv' im quite intrigued with the real world, they play it on the Dutch MTV... ive watched real world boston twice and currently they are doing real world seattle. its the curious nosey parts us as humans, and they are there to be watched so watch away and if you are exercising that makes it even better :D i used to walk on the treadmill while watching shows. exercise is fun -still trying to convince the lazy gene-
ok enough procrastinating, off to the workout.. enjoy the gym!! good work sticking to your points!

Hi there, I just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your blog and your positive attitude! It's really inspiring :)

Also, the BB Workout sounds like a fantastic idea!

You've inspired me to set up my own couchpotato work out!

YAY for reality TV :)

judes

www.livejournal.com/~fat_tulip

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??