« Home | Move it to lose it » | Feel Good Look Good » | Whistle whilst you work. » | Things that make you go » | Weigh in - 02 » | To Blog or not to Blog » | Ordered! » | In the swim » | Photographs » | Share and share alike »

Mmmmm. Pumpkin...

It is 8.55pm on a Saturday night. Both boys are fast asleep in bed. The dishes are done. DH sleeping in front of the TV (nothing new there). And the first dinner party successfully completed. I just had to come in here and post. We don't entertain much in the evening, and when we do it is normally with friends who have children so the evenings pretty much finish around the 7.00 - 7.30 mark so that the travelling family can have the children in bed at a reasonable time. When I found out that DH had organised a get together I was very concerned as to what to cook. I wanted to stick within my points, I wanted to have fun. I wanted to cook healthily, I wanted dinner to be delicious. Well I did all that and more. Once I got my head around the fact that we would be having visitors I hit the ww recipe book I have. I have to add at this point a HUGE thank you to a ww forum member named Ivanka and another named Sam. Ivanka put the recipe book together and Sam emailed it to me when I posted a request that someone did. This book is 167 pages of the most diverse recipes - all with points attached. So I cooked today. I made two dips - an asparagus guacamole (0 pts) and an eggplant/olive spread (0 pts) that I served along side some salsa (0 pts) with a heap of cut up veges (0 pts). I also provided some rice crackers and corn chips of which I had 1 point. Dinner was the most scrumpious Pumpkin & Bacon soup (1 pt) with Sweet Potato scones (1.5pts ea) - I had two with dinner and ate two before they got there. Then I finished off with crumbed veal (5 pts) and salad (0 pts). Two glasses of wine (2 pts) and including breakfast I finished up with 18 points !!!! And the guests enjoyed the food and were full at the end. We didn't even need the dessert I made. Unbelievable.. Now I am going to go to bed, pretend to watch a movie whilst I fall asleep and hope that my gastromic successes don't come back to haunt me - if you know what I mean... ;)

quite the successful meal! it all sounds very delicious and healthy, enjoy your evening :)

Wow, what a success! My husband made me promise not to cook "diet stuff" when we had friends over =( If only he knew that half the meals I dish up are from the WW cookbooks

Fantastic entry! Yes, you can cook low calorie meals and no one would ever know the difference. You did this the right way, just eating as normal (as far as everyone was concerned) but knowing you were in control. Much better to do this than announce that you are on a diet and can't eat!! Well done.

Wahoo!! Good on you, great choices. Planning really is the key isn't it?! Would love to see some of those recipies too. I'm just starting to get into cooking again. You are going so well, I'm sure you are going to have another good loss this week!

That is fantastic to hear! Alex (my beloved) LOVES WW food. He always goes through the cookbooks for me to pick out recipes.

I'd love a copy of that book if possible. Could you send me a copy?

joodydoody@hotmail.com

ta!

judes

www.livejournal.com/~fat_tulip

That dinner sounds nice - I don't really like to entertain because I am at a loss on what to serve. I would love to get a copy of those recipies if you don't mind - I saw them on the ww site, but so many people asked...I didn't want to pressue the poor girl

The meal sounds great! I love dishing up food to people and they don't realise that it's from a WW recipe book.

Hi Margaret, Like everyone else, that cookbook sounds fab! Any chance of having a copy emailled my way? janened@xtra.co.nz

Cheers
Janene

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??