« Home | It was a good idea » | Ouch » | Freddo and Friends » | I did it » | I can do it » | Little steps » | Weigh in - 03 » | Mmmmm. Pumpkin... » | Move it to lose it » | Feel Good Look Good »

Chocolate is not a protein

When is a vegetarian not a vegetarian? When they eat meat!!! After spending a fun filled afternoon preparing a sumptious vegetarian meal - making sure I balanced flavours, colours and ingredients whilst also ensuring that the meal would be filling for us carnivores (and come in at a reasonable point value) I was discussing with the vegetarian in question why she decided to be a vegetarian. To which she replied "Oh I eat fish (is that not a meat?) and chicken (hello - legs, breathing, flesh!) and now and again I eat bacon (oink anyone!) but I just don't like the taste of red meat... Now to be fair the guests are work collegues of DH and it was through him that I was advised of the 'V' status. I should have perhaps followed this up with a "how vegetarian is the vegetarian" but I did think that was a bit rude of me to even think at the time. Aargh... Now don't get me wrong I did have fun looking up suitable recipes, I did enjoy all the food that I made, and everyone once again enjoyed a meal straight out of the ww cookbook, BUT it would have been so much easier for me, and a lot less stress, just to whack a bit of feather covered carcass on the bbq and be done with it. Much easier. And yes, during a rousing game of scrabble (during which I kicked the preverbial) I was once again reminded that chocolate is indeed, not a protein....

Ha..this sounds so familiar! I am surrounded by vegans and vegetarians but their eating habits are questionable for the lifestyle they have chosen. Eating chicken and fish can not possibly be under the vegetarian label. But calling yourself one is kind of trendy isn't it ;-)

...well I must be a vegetarian then; I'm not really into red meat either...lol

Ohhh, I could never be a vegetarian. Lol. Margaret - I think I changed to font size to 14 (finally figured out how to do it!)

Neither of my daughters like red meat either but they don't call themselves vegetarians! After all your trouble I bet you would almost feel like screaming at her!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??