« Home | I did it » | I can do it » | Little steps » | Weigh in - 03 » | Mmmmm. Pumpkin... » | Move it to lose it » | Feel Good Look Good » | Whistle whilst you work. » | Things that make you go » | Weigh in - 02 »

Freddo and Friends

At my work we have a very good group of people who all pitch in from time to time when it comes to fundraising for our Christmas Lunch. Our company puts up a bit of money for food and we raise money during the year to put towards activities, prizes and booze. Our fundraising activities are varied but there is one I have been dreading. And it has arrived. The chocolate box. (imagine now if you will the music from 'Jaws'). So there it sits. At $2.00 for either a large Freddo or Caramello. Freddo is my choice. The money is not the issue but they are 4.5 points each. Each. Now I know that chocolate abstinence won't work and I have never said in my journey that I will never have chocolate again. I have been getting my fix from ww choc icecream (1.5pt) and the ww hot chocolate drink (0.5pt). But I have bought a Freddo. I have put it in the fridge to get hard and I will have half today and half tomorrow. I will count it as 2.5pt each half. I have to learn that I can manage my chocolate intake, that I can have a treat (wasteful on points as it is!) and not go overboard. And as long as I count it truthfully I am still going to win. And I will win. And you never know, maybe I won't want to eat Freddo, maybe he can just stay in the Fridge till next week. Unless someone eats him first. (music from 'Jaws' again).

You're probably going about it a really smart way - after all, who wants to spend the rest of their life sans chocolat? I know that for myself my biggest problem is that it's all or nothing, I really need to work on the moderation. You seem to have a good plan for that though. Let us know how it goes!

And also, really really well done on your Step class. Just to turn up despite being that nervous and then to be able to do it, be proud of yourself!

Bwahahaha...the jaws music really does set the scene ;-) I reckon a bit of chocky is okay. As long as you count it and be honest about it, which you are. You sound good at balancing with the good stuff. Can you put the box out of sight so it's out of mind? Jaws again....

Moderation is the answer - poor little Freddo!

LOL I think the fact that he is sitting in your fridge is pretty amazing - he would have been devoured by now if I were there. Sadly, I have not found a way to overcome my chocolate fixation yet.

I think spliting him in half is a great idea although I would only count 2 points one day and 2 1/2 points the next day - don't penalise yourself 1/2 point. I totally hear what you are saying about moderation - when I am going to have choc I try to buy small bars rather than the kingsize bars as I can't start and not finish the bar! I don't think I will ever get over my love of choc and just have to try to fit it into the points I have.
Take care and have a great day !

Ooh I'd go the Caramello. If I was eating chocolate that is. I used to think I couldn't cut it out completely but then I put myself on a couple of No-Choc Challenges and I found (to my shock) that it WAS possible. Now I know I can do anything if I really want to, the problem is wanting it bad enough to resist the call of temptation, heh.

Good Luck, as fit cat said, my problem is all or nothing...I would love to get out of that!!
We had a freddo box at home at the begining of March...thats one of the reasons my weight came to a screeching halt, our box also had the strawberry and peppermint ones :(
Next year they are going straight to work with Hubby!

Yummmmm. Good on you! Afterall, we all have to learn to live with the foods we love... and live with them in a ww friendly way, hehe.

Oh no, not the Freddo Charity Box. I went through it last year, and got rid of most of them at work. Haven't sighted this year's charity chocolate yet. I'm sure it'll be along soon.

I have no willpower when it comes to eating the stuff, especially if it comes out of the fridge. I always have some kind of excuse as to why I should eat it.

And what a great effort with the class. Go you!

Mmmm, chocolate.... :o) I love the giant freddos, 4.5pts doesnt seem so bad, they are pretty big, so I reckon its 4.5pts well spent. And if you count it properly (including the sugar pts), there's no reason why you shouldnt lose weight while incorporating choc each week .

Just looking at your progress, and you have come so far already, almost to the 80's too. Well done, keep up the excellent work :o)

Helloooooooooo :) It's Judes!

Super-duper-mega impressed that you've taken the moderation approach. In my experience, abstinence leads to bingeing.

At my work, since I've started, I've abolished the canteen (i manage a YMCA branch where they mainly do childcare) that was filled with chocolate/coke/cadbury icecreams galore, and banned any food related fundraisers. I got a lot of opposition at first, but now people are supporting me and we've found some awesome non-food fundraisers!

Having said that.. sometimes i wish the canteen was still there!!! *guilt*!!!

www.fat_tulip.livejournal.com

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??