« Home | Zzzzzzzzz » | A case of the grumps » | Would you like papadums with that? » | Spinning Around » | The best laid plans » | Weigh in - 06 » | Back from Play Date » | Play Date » | Just doing it » | Have you ever »

What it is all about

When I began ww one of the things that was most strongly taught was that it is all about balance. Balance food wants with food needs. Balance day to day. Balance food types, tastes, textures. But the things about balance can so easily be translated into other things in life. Balance work with play. Balance 'them' time with 'me' time. Balance material self with spiritual self. Last night when I went to dinner, we arrived a little early so went for a walk down some rustic stone steps and found a little park set in a niche along the pathway. We sat on the bench and looked out over the lights of the Harbour Bridge and Sydney whilst listening to the screams of joy coming from the rides in Luna Park. The boats were all twinkling lights and muted music as they moved across the water. It was absolutely beautiful. I sat there holding hands with DH, saying nothing, and thinking, "this is what it is all about". This is why I want to be alive. This is why I want to be fit and healthy so that I can come back here with my children, with their children, and just sit in wonder of something so simple, and so beautiful. I know that I can't foresee that I will be here for my grandchildren but I am going to give it the best shot that I can, and send the message out to the universe that I want to be around. So I am more than motivated to continue down the path I have started to good habits and good health and I will just have to remember that from time to time I have to step off the path and just enjoy the view...

Glad you had a great night out!
It feels great to really understand "why you want to be here!"

Have a great weekend!

Lovely!

Golly gosh, you are a beautiful woman aren't you :-) This post made shivers run up my spine, in a good way.

Hehe and yep, Indian to save the low points day!

Have a gorgeous day hon :-)

Wow, your just lovely. I love this entry, it made me feel like I was there - not that you would have appreciated that I am sure!

I so agree with you - there are certain moments in life when you just know that 'this is why i'm here - why I keep trying everyday'. What a nice realisation. Glad you had a nice time with your DH, you deserve it!

I so agree with you - there are certain moments in life when you just know that 'this is why i'm here - why I keep trying everyday'. What a nice realisation. Glad you had a nice time with your DH, you deserve it!

very well said Margaret :)

What a great post Margaret. You have a fabulous way of looking at eveything.
So glad you enjoyed your evening out.

You make it soooo easy to read you! Your posts are so interesting. Thanks for that!
ChubbyMum

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??