« Home | Just doing it » | Have you ever » | Memories of the 80's » | Beautiful Day » | Weigh in - 05 » | The little pleasures » | Is the house tidy? » | Food stash » | Linings » | Discoveries (long post !) »

Play Date

Over the last 6 weeks I can't say that I have been avoiding going out, but looking back I can see that I have spent most meals at home or in a situation where I have controlled the food. Today this will change. We are going to a 'play date' for my son and as the play date is set for 4pm (so that it is after sleep time) I am in a real quandry as to what will happen for dinner. We have not made arrangements to have dinner there but we will be there at least 2hrs and I am going to have to feed the children there before putting them in pyjamas for the drive home. So, what to do. I have had a light breakfast, lunch will be noodles, prawns and vegetables and a light snack. This then allows points if we are invited to dinner. But what if we aren't. I am going to be starving. So I am going to do something really 'anal' but I am going to make a frittata and a salad to take with us and keep in the car so that if we don't eat there, we can eat it on the way home. I just don't want to be in a situation where we end up going through a drive through because we will get home so late (it's about a 45 minute drive home). And if we do eat, I have breakfast already made. LOL at myself. Oh, and I will be bringing a plate of snacks. So what if it is cut up vegetables with hommus and some ww cookies laid out on a plate so it looks like I made them myself !!!

That's great planning Margaret. With such a great attitude, there's no doubt you will get to your goal!!

Have a great "play date" :o)

You are sooooo determined and organised, I am so happy for you - and also learning so much from you. That 80s post was a crack-up, I remember those mini skirts with the elastic belts!!! LOL
LBTEPA

Planning really helps! Good on you, you'll feel so much more in control than if you had to go through a drive through and guess what the best choice would be. Have fun on the play date!

Being organised and planning, that's the way to go! It's not being anal - it's preventing self-destruction by passing through a drive through!

Planning is a great idea - I too get nervous when eating away from home - I have avoided going out because of this too!

It must be something to do with wanting to get to goal as quickly as possible - we definitely don't go out as much as we used to when I wasn't watching what I was eating. Great to see that you are planning - I think that is one of the keys to success. I know on the days that I don't plan properly - I really find that I come unstuck.
Take care and have a good weekend !
Me

a girl got to do what a girl got to do!
and you are doing it wisely and with style too!

Well done with the forward thinking and planning!!! That is fantastic!

It is good that you didn't give up on going out because of keeping on track.. but you planned instead!

Well done!

planning ahead and being prepared is the way to go, great idea :)

Geez your good. I love it! It makes me think about planning a little better too now. I haven't gotten into that mode of thinking yet but I will have to. Cheers :-)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??