« Home | Is the house tidy? » | Food stash » | Linings » | Discoveries (long post !) » | Weigh in - 04 » | Chocolate is not a protein » | It was a good idea » | Ouch » | Freddo and Friends » | I did it »

The little pleasures

Reading in a lot of blogs, it is obvious how important music is to how we feel on a day to day basis. I had forgotton how good music can make me feel. One day, my beloved son decided that the CD player in the car would make a good money box. From that day the CD player did not work (really - go figure!!) So when we got a new car on Thursday night, and I took it for a drive for a couple of hours on Friday it was such a pleasure to put in a CD (an adult CD - not the Wiggles) and just let myself go with the music. I am quite eclectic in my tastes so Robbie Williams started me off followed by some Mozart. (I know - update my CD collection PLEASE..) I am going to partake in this little pleasure more often and have my portable CD player ready by the door to take to work on Tuesday. Music feeds my soul and that is a lot healthier than letting food do it. :)

Yeah! Music is pretty important I reckon. My partner is a muso so I've been exposed to so many different styles. I also work at HMV on a casual basis (when I don't have a contract on) and it does wonders for my emotions. I pretty much have it figured out now as to which music to play, when I am in a particular mood. When I am walking, I love listening to MOLOKO - Pure Pleasure Seeker :-)

Enjoy updating your music collection, yay!!

I love listening to music when I am walking or cleaning - makes me go faster... I have been buying new cds as rewards too!!

Music is a great way to motivate me. I love it in the car at home, walking etc etc even the Wiggles gets a thumbs up in our house too.
Thanx so much for your very kind comments too they are very much apprechiated.

its easy to forget the wonders music does for us, enjoy!! :D

We have a teensy problem in our house that Alex loves really heavy angry music (you'd never think it to look at him) and it literally turns me into a raging beast - so I've banned him from playing it whilst i'm in the house - unless it's with headphones. It just changes my mood so significantly.

I'm a trained jazz singer and listen to lots of jazz and old school funk - and since I won't let him play his music, I don't play my music whilst he's in the house. COnsequently - it's a very quiet house! Alex likes my music, but I just think.. it would be so rude of me to play my music after banning his.

The car has become my sanctuary and it's amazing how good i feel after driving to work with Aretha singing her heart out or Billie Holiday singing about her broken heart.. it puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day.

you're SO right though. Music IS food for the soul - and I should listen to more of my stuff so i'm not tempted to eat!

Shopping was crazy yesterday! I went to the Bondi Junction Westfields and I tell you..NEVER AGAIN, maybe?! Way too busy and too big to find anything you are actually after. Hey, and I'll send you a copy of Moloko if you want?? See if you like it first. Send me your postal address (ONLY if you feel comfortable). My email is phodisworks at hotmail dot com :-)

Happy Mother's Day!

I love listening to music when i go walking. Want to get an MP3 player or an ipod. Though I suppose I'm almost retro carrying around a walkman ;)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??