« Home | Linings » | Discoveries (long post !) » | Weigh in - 04 » | Chocolate is not a protein » | It was a good idea » | Ouch » | Freddo and Friends » | I did it » | I can do it » | Little steps »

Food stash

It has been 5 weeks now where I have been working in an environment where all my food choices are safe ones. I have my spot in the fridge where I stack up every Monday morning and replenish with salad during the week. I have my filing cabinet which has more ww food than Coles :) So my choices have been good, and easy. And with only 2 days in a weekend I have been doing OK there too. Now comes a challange. My Mum is coming over to stay with us for 3 weeks. Yaaaaaa. And I have taken some leave to spend some time with her. Each Friday and Monday for the next 3 weeks. So now I have only 3 days in my food safe haven, and 4 days in the real world. As we will be going out with the boys and taking them to fun places it will be my first real test to see if I can put into action all the things I have learnt about food and portions and points in the last 5 weeks. I think I will be OK. When we go to McDonalds, we'll buy for the boys and take the food to the park so I can eat my "brought from home" food. When we go shopping I'll make sure I have enough things to get me through. When we go to friends I'll make good choices or eat fruit. If we go out to eat, I'll plan to save some extra points for that meal and have soup or salad for the other meal. I'm a little excited to see how I go because this is not a diet for me, this is a chance for me to change my eating habits for good. I want to lose weight so that is the motivation to stick at it and get used to this new way of life. And it is not a bad way either. Oh, and on your advice, I have taken my measurements and compared them to last month. I am happy to report that whilst I knew I was fitting in my clothes better it was really great to see exactly how many cm's I had trimmed off. 10cm to be exact. It put a fresh spring in my step and I am ready for whatever gets thrown at me - hopefully not a cream pie ;)

Good going M. You've got a really great attitude which I really admire. It will be a challenge when you are kind of in holiday mode but like you said, it's not a diet. You've been doing so well and have learnt alot about healthier choices, I am sure you'll manage. Very exciting about the measurements too. Seriously, good on you matey!

I found the answer when we had visitors over.

We would go to seafood restaurants regularly as they all loved seafood and I don't like it at all.
This would leave me with the option of steak or Salad, so for me it was easy to order a Chicken Ceaser Salad every time.

Congrats on the inch loss. It must feel like a real accomplishment.

You are so motivated! I'm sure your will be fine with your choices but I know where you are coming from as it is a bit of a test. Can you save points and have a McD chicken wrap or one of their salads. 10cm is great!

lol @ cream pie.
You know, you can do it! And there is something really satisfying about making good choices in the face of hard options. Kinda makes the results all the more sweet somehow. Planning is the key!

I so love your attitude - I think most of the time it is our attitude / mental state which lets us down. You are alredy one step ahead of the game with your attitude.
Have a great time with your Mom, enjoy yourself, make the best choices you can and then get back to everything 100% when she has gone home.
Take care and have a great week !
L

!0 cm los is great - good luck with your mum staying!

10cm is great M!! you must be glowing :) have a greeeeat time with your mum, i know what its like to live so far away, treasure every moment and dont worry about mcd's, the grilled chicken salad without croutons & only a drizzle of dressing is 4.5pts :) at least it is here, cant be too much different than there. great low point and very filling meal. have a fun time!!

I understand what you mean about it being almost exciting in a way, having to face the real world. For me I compare it to one of my regattas: perfect your technique and train hard and when you get to the race, you blitz em. Except now it's that we've learnt about good choices and portion sizes and so on and put in the hard work of keeping on track --> now you'll face the "real world" and blitz 'em with your smart food choices!

And congrats on the 10cm! :)

Yay for the 10 cm, that's wonderful :)
I knwo you'll do well out in the 'real world' b/c you've planned ahead and are determined. Go you!!
LBTEPA
remember, living well is the best revenge

I have confidence in your ability to handle "real world". I really do :)

If you are prepared, you are invincible.

I really believe that.

You'll be fine and you'll kick some butt whilst you're "in the real world".

I love reading your blog :)

Well done on 10cm lost, to me cm feel more real than kg, so seeing them shrink is very motivating.

All the best for the next 3 weeks. You can do it, you sound like you have a great plan already and you will be super proud of yourself at the end of the 3 weeks if you have stuck to your plan.

This is the next step for you, on your way to being able to eat healthy for the rest of your life. You will pass, and continue onwards towards your goal.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??