« Home | Have you ever » | Memories of the 80's » | Beautiful Day » | Weigh in - 05 » | The little pleasures » | Is the house tidy? » | Food stash » | Linings » | Discoveries (long post !) » | Weigh in - 04 »

Just doing it

I am a procrastinator. I freely admit this. It has been a huge problem all my life. I am always planning to start something 'tomorrow', or 'when I am thin', 'when I have enough money', 'when I have enough time', 'when I have the perfect outfit' etc etc. I think I am now starting to realise that if I waited for the perfect moment to do anything - I'll end up doing nothing at all. For example. I was reading Kimba's blog and got excited about starting an exercise programme in the morning before work. So I visited the site she had a link to purchase some super groovy kick boxing DVD's. Then I stopped. I have workout DVD's at home at the moment and I don't get out of bed. Why will buying these DVD's make me do anything differently. I was procrastinating. I was saying to myself "I will start exercising in the morning when I have the perfect workout". I doesn't work that way. I am sure that is the promise I made to myself when I bought the last DVD. So I didn't buy the new DVD. Yet. I am going to find the other DVD's I have, today, and use them for a week. If I can shift myself out of bed for one week for these DVD's, then I deserve to buy new ones because by then I know I would get out every morning. And I am worth the effort. And then I am going to starting kicking a$$. ;)

Good on you - an exercise goal and reward has really worked for me. Exercise has made so much difference - not just to my wieght loss, but to how I feel. Keep up the great work and thanks for your support.

Good on you - an exercise goal and reward has really worked for me. Exercise has made so much difference - not just to my wieght loss, but to how I feel. Keep up the great work and thanks for your support.

I know what you mean. I keep buying WW cookbooks and the old ones sit here unopened! Everyone now and then I get them out, look through them and file them again! One day I might use them!

Sounds like a great idea, and it's so true - we always want new things to 'help' us, when really we probably won't use them... but this time it's gonna be different - we are going to make it!

Oh yeah, I hear you sista. I am very similar and my partner will vouch for this in blood. But what an achievement to stop yourself and realise what you were doing. We are learning a lot about ourselves on this journey. You can do it!

lady, it sounded sooooo much like you were speaking about me! that - procrastination - is the story of my life. tomorrow is always a better day, eh? good for you for seeing it AND working against it! ;oD

peas in a pod we must be, procrastination is my middle name! isnt it good to make these realisations then take the steps to CHANGE? its oddly rewarding. groetjes :)

Go you! I love how you analyse things and then set out to change your behaviour - I know that not only will you lose weight but once it's off it'll stay that way cause you're not just 'losing weight', you sound like you're completely revisiting the way you think!

Here's to your decision to get up early to exercise!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??