« Home | Beautiful Day » | Weigh in - 05 » | The little pleasures » | Is the house tidy? » | Food stash » | Linings » | Discoveries (long post !) » | Weigh in - 04 » | Chocolate is not a protein » | It was a good idea »

Memories of the 80's

The 80's were a great decade for me. So many things happened and a great life changing moment. The earliest memory for me was living in Wagga Wagga and I am in my bedroom playing and replaying and replaying the tape (note tape - not CD) "Hits of 1981" I was playing it over and over and over again so that I could write down and learn the words. This was before the lyrics were printed inside the cover. To this day I can start and complete the entire Mental As Anything song "Too many times". Memories. Living in Wagga as a teenager was great. I never had to worry about my weight because I was always swimming in the river, walking miles to school, playing netball and softball. Ahhh those were the days. We then moved to SA - different school, different activities, still very active. When I left school I got a job. It was 1985. My first job. That is where my future husband worked. He fell in love with me the minute I walked in the door. I reciprocated about a year later (poor bugger). He was my life changing moment. And even though I spent a lot of the 80's fashion challenged I would not change a thing (except maybe for the extra wide elastic belt with the miniskirt look.. what was I thinking??). It is true that love is blind and as my relationship with my DH grew so did our weights and it was the 90's that stacked on the weight. Well now I am back in the 80's and am looking forward to once again revisiting the wonder that was '81. I think I have a quite a few weeks till I get there - but I will get there ;)

Hehe..maybe you could put an 80s photo up, with the elastic and all ;-)

I posted Moloko to you this morning so hopefully you get it tomorrow. I hope you like it!?

Lol, ahhh the 80's. I don't remember much of them as wasn't born till 1980 but I did have the obligatory spiral perm - actually that must have been 91 but i think they were still cool in the 80's - i must have been a bit behind!!
I'm so jealous of you being in the 80's - nah not really, just can't wait to get there myself! You are doing great!!

Memories!! 80's girl - well done! It's always a big buzz when you reach another milestone. I can't believe how much you have lost in such a short time!

I remember stopping the "tape" to write the songs down - I also had the spiral perm in the late 80's...lol...
I was in grade prep in 1980 - so not very fashion concious at all

I wouldn't mind being the weight I was in the 80s, but I doubt I could sustain the lifestyle now! The best thing to come out of the 80s for me was my lovely son Jake (1988).

OMG OMG my favorite era too!!! I wrote the words to the songs too and remembering stopping and starting the tape and getting the tape stuck in the machine too he he he he he
Love it!
Chubbymum

Ah the glossy eighties! Indeed ladies, they were great times!
I know you will get there Margaret!!!

Hey there, thank you so much for your notes. You sent me one yesterday saying that you hope everything is going okay etc...... I just wanted you to know that I received that message just as I was leaving for the funeral and without getting too sappy it really did make me feel better and i appreciate it

thanks 80's girl! (whoo hooo congrats to you)

LOL love this entry. I took a while to fall madly in love with my husband too - he said it was instant for him and I always feel a bit guilty, sadly he doesn't remember much of the 80's because he was too young so when I talk about my love for the Cure or my lust for Howard Jones he stares at me blankly.

I used to love to eat fonzies - am I the only person who remembers these?

yes you will get there :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??