« Home | Food stash » | Linings » | Discoveries (long post !) » | Weigh in - 04 » | Chocolate is not a protein » | It was a good idea » | Ouch » | Freddo and Friends » | I did it » | I can do it »

Is the house tidy?

It doesn't seem to matter how old you are, when your Mum comes to visit you are transported back to an age where not cleaning your room meant being grounded, and the contents of the fridge are expected to be really disgusting. I am really looking forward to picking Mum up today and spending some time alone with her before we pick up the boys from childcare, but what is really funny is that whilst I am typing this my mind is going "must remember to make all the beds properly, are the towels folded the right way in the bathroom, have I put all the dishes away, must make a good impression". Funny. Mum has been here a few times but it is the first visit to Sydney since Oscar was born. I do put a lot of pressure on myself. But at the same time I am surprisingly calm because I have had my cereal & yoghurt for breakfast. I have an apple for the drive and we will be going grocery shopping on the way back so I can create a safe food stash at home. I had no desire to nick into McD on the way home to get hotcakes (used to do that a lot on days off). I have no desire to eat any of the boys food - just because I can. I'm feeling pretty good actually:) I am in control.

You said it sista! Hope you guys have a really nice time this weekend :-)

Good for you Margaret.

My Mother lives a 10 min drive away and "pops over" if she's in the area.

Of course she always arrives while I'm in the middle of cleaning, or about to start cleaning, so of course I have to make excuses about why the house is untidy, unclean etc.

Good luck with your food choices too.

Well done on being in control - that goes a long way to making the right choices. Have a great time with your Mom. I know exactly what you mean about making sure everything is just right when they get into our homes - maybe it is a daughter thing !!
Take care and have a great weekend !
L

Its great you are feeling in control. You will make good choices. Enjoy spending some time with your mum and have a lovely day!

Enjoy your mum, and enjoy feeling in control!
Good on you for not getting the hotcakes!!

being in control is the best feeling, when paired with hugs from mum nothing can beat it :)

that's a gorgeous feeling. when you know that you know and you manage to do as you want and not as your mind/emotions/etc wants!
by the way. i appologize for all my weird comment which, with a second look, are fairly off subject. i really adore the way you write, your strength, your wit, etc and i have the urge to post a comment even when i haven't read thoroughly! silly me always gets into these kind of messes. so sorry. it's not that i don't care. i just get... too much into it!

YOU ARE IN CONTROL!!

go you good thing!!

Lol, it's good to know Im not the only cleaning the house when my Mum visits.

Feeling in control is the best feeling!! You should be very proud of yourself.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??