« Home | Memories of the 80's » | Beautiful Day » | Weigh in - 05 » | The little pleasures » | Is the house tidy? » | Food stash » | Linings » | Discoveries (long post !) » | Weigh in - 04 » | Chocolate is not a protein »

Have you ever

Have you ever had one of those days when you were hungry all day and no matter what you ate you just stayed hungry? I had one of those days yesterday. I could have, to quote a co-worker "eaten the crutch out of a rag doll". Mmmmm - tasty. Yesterday was nothing special. I had all my food. I went to the gym to do a light treadmill/bike workout. But I was hungry all day. To try and help I grazed as I could not not eat for more than an hour. Very strange. For the first time I think I went over my points (only 2 and I had spare from previous day) purely because I wanted to eat. Not because I needed to eat. And I know this because if I was hungry for hungers sake I would have made a salad last night whilst I watched TV - not grabbed a handful of macadamia nuts.

I tried to analyse it (as I try to analyse everything) and thought a couple of things may have contributed. In the fridge at work I know that I had put some nestle chocolate mousse (yummo - 1pt) and some nestle lemon tart yoghurt (I love lemon - 1 1/2pt) so I think that because I knew they were there I wanted to eat them even though I was not really hungry at the time and then that just spiralled all day. Also, I did not have my d coke with breakfast. As I don't drink tea or coffee, d coke is my caffeine of choice and when we moved to level 6 the coke machine was left at level 22 and won't be moved down for a few weeks. I think I am seriously addicted to d coke and not having it threw me out. So today I will have my coke in the morning, and I will eat when I am hungry only, and I will keep away from any rag dolls ;)

I always look at my favourite sites when I first get to work in the morning. Could you guys please do something about the fact you're two hours behind - I have to wait until later in the day to read the new entry on this site!

Yep. I know I can get a little bit like this when I start thinking too much about the food but then I make myself stop. Being a busy person helps this though. I reckon it has to be the coke withdrawal. I went cold turkey on full strength and I was all over the place and quite cranky for the week in the beginning. Yesterday was particularly cold too. Could it have been that you were craving food to warm you up? I felt this way so had a nice soup, that seemed to do the trick.

You know, sometimes you just are hungrier and I try and listen to my body on days like that, otherwise i tend to feel very deprived and find it hard to stay on track. That's where the wendie plan is good (theres a link on We are Slimming). Not that I'm doing it as such, but some days I think we just need more.

Know exactly what you mean about those "hungry" days! Sometimes I keep opening the fridge and looking for something to eat, other days I'm fine. Laughed at the rag doll bit!

Food...yummmm!

I always find that when I'm bored I look for food, when I'm down I look for food, even when I'm drunk and happy I look for food.

I hardly ever drink Coke any more. I've replaced it with water instead, apart from when there's Jack Daniels in the house, then I stock up on it....my one saving grace is that we drink diet, caffeine free coke. Wonder if it really makes a difference?

Hi M
I hear what you are saying about being hungry. I am trying the Wendie Plan (I don't remember the site address but can find it out if you are interested) basically she works on the principle that you eat your total points over the week but not the same eat day - you have very high, high, medium, low and very low days worth of points e.g. I am on 20 points per day and my week starting on Tuesday goes like this 21,17,23,17,25,15,23 = 141 for the week.For me this does seem to work and I hardly ever need to eat my exercise points.I did have 2 good losses but then on Monday it fell apart but I am back on track again so will let you know how I go next weigh-in.
Take care and be good
L

Hey,
Thanks for your comment on my blog! It's reassuring to know there are people around to offer some objectivity when we are feeling weak isn't it??

Well I followed your trail back to your blog and had a good ol' read... I love finding out everyone is going across these journals!

As for the hungry all day bit, that was me three days ago. I ended up going to bed real early 'cause I couldn't stop thinking about food, craving chocolate desperately. I guess escaping the day was my way of dealing with it, but when it sets in from breakfast time - wow - the day can seem really long between meals.

I read some of the other girls posts' about the Wendie plan. I think I follow that unconsciously anyway! I have up days and low (point) days. Today is a low - It's 9pm and I've still got so much work to do, my appetite is dead (so 4pts to bank). But tomorrow is friday and who knows what'll happen then!

Hope you have a great weekend Margaret,

Cheers,

Cath

wow all that and only 2pts over? im impressed, well done! :)

you will make me consider going back to WW!

You're such an inspiration Margaret...to feel like that (I know the feeling all to well!) and still be within your overall points limits. C'est très impressive! It's funny what makes us hungry and not hungry though isn't it. You can have those days where you have eaten enough to meet the physiological requirements of your body but you're still hungry and no matter how much you eat, it doesn't go away!

I get days like that - mindless hunger. I try to drink alot of water when that happens!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Margaret
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Hi. I am Margaret. Or M. I talk a lot, get distracted even more, but am putting things in place to focus on my goals. But those have been put on hold whilst I focus on crochet. Lovely crochet. :) (see - distracted!)
My profile

Letters of our Lives

    A B C D E F G H K L M N O P R T W

Stats

  • Height: 175cms/5'9"
  • SW: 83.4kgs
  • CW: 80.9kgs
  • GW: 68.0kgs
  • Total Lost: 2.7kgs
  • Started: 9th October 2006

Monthly Progress

  • Oct 06: -2.7 kg
  • Nov 06:
  • Dec 06:
  • Jan 07:
  • Feb 07:
  • Mar 07:
  • Apr 07:

Sydney Weather

    The WeatherPixie

Links

  • Hmmmm what can I use this space for??